Windows 10 upgrade and support

Started by Ng

Mark

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   18 September 2015, 23:45

During a session, Networx seems to work OK, but often the upload/download graph display is frozen when the system comes out of sleep mode. Am using the latest version on production Win10 Pro. Other functions seem to continue working, but cannot unfreeze graph without restarting the app.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   19 September 2015, 10:43

Do you have the Ignore local traffic within the LAN option on?
Mark

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   28 September 2015, 21:11

That box is unchecked. Should I try it checked? I do use Networx to view progress and performance of large file transfers between my workstation and the local NAS.

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   28 September 2015, 21:51

No, the issue you described is likely to happen when this option is used. When this option is not used, NetWorx shouldn't freeze upon resume. At least it never happened in tests.

Could you perhaps post here a screen shot of the main NetWorx settings tab?
Mark

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   30 September 2015, 19:23

I don't see a way to insert an image here other than via URL, but I can do that only using https, not http, and it doesn't seem to work here.

Maybe I can just describe it:

Load on Windows startup - checked
Check for updates automatically - checked
Graph and Usage hotkeys - none
On tray icon click display - Current transfer rate
On tray icon double-click display - Usage report
On tray icon hover display - Current transfer rate
Monitored interfaces - All Connections
IP Address: 0.0.0.0
MAC: 00-00-00-00-00-00
Ignore local traffic within the LAN - unchecked

I think that covers it.

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   30 September 2015, 20:11

Try choosing a specific connection rather than 'All Connections' selected in the monitored interfaces list.
jesseholiday7

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   02 October 2015, 12:30

win 10 home
did a uninstall in control panel
at the end of it said there are 3 things that i will have to uninstall maunally
did not tell me what they are
any help?

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   02 October 2015, 13:11

Sorry no idea. Normally NetWorx uninstalls everything it had installed earlier.
Mark

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   10 October 2015, 20:32

Andrew

Try choosing a specific connection rather than 'All Connections' selected in the monitored interfaces list.

Been using it a while like this and it appears to have solved the issue. Thank you.
Mark

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   12 October 2015, 22:27

Mark

Been using it a while like this and it appears to have solved the issue. Thank you.

Might have spoken too soon. Just found it frozen again. Have just upgraded from 5.4.1 to 5.4.2. Is there anything different in the newer version that would make any difference with this?

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   13 October 2015, 10:13

Mark

Might have spoken too soon. Just found it frozen again. Have just upgraded from 5.4.1 to 5.4.2. Is there anything different in the newer version that would make any difference with this?

There haven't been any changes to that part of NetWorx. Then I am afraid I am out of ideas why it's freezing on your PC.
Mike

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   05 November 2015, 07:26

Hi, I was using networx on windows 8.1 and I upgraded to windows 10 back in august. Everything was working ok with networx, however sometimes, but rarely, windows would freeze for 15 seconds and reboot. I didn't pay much attention because it was very rare. But recently it started happening very often. Like once every 2 hours, so that's when I started debugging the windows crash logs. Apparently, there were 2 drivers that were causing problems with my windows, one called networx.sys and some other that was part of cisco vpn mobility client. I couldn't upgrade cisco client because v3.1 is what the network administrator has provided for me, so I downloaded the newest version of networx, but didn't install it right away. I did uninstall the previous one and the freezes/reboot stopped. The next day I installed networx and the reboots started again. Then I uninstalled and my pc has been on for more than 24 hours with no reboots. Clearly is networx the problem, maybe causes issues with cisco vpn client, because I have been using it a lot these last days. And on my networx config I was listening to all network traffic, so maybe that is triggering the reboots somehow.

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   05 November 2015, 09:43

The driver we use in NetWorx is third-party and while it works fine for most situations, for some it doesn't. Please see this article about possible workarounds.
David Lillie

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   16 November 2015, 00:22

yes, this happens regularly to me on Windows 10, any way to get it to restart automatically after a sleep? A nuisance to have to restart it.
Mark

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   18 November 2015, 03:22

Good news. Since the recent Windows 10 upgrade (1511), Networx has been working perfectly without freezing up after sleep. The upgrade also fixed some other issues I was having. Maybe Microsoft "fixed" something.
Markku

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   17 July 2016, 02:54

Operating system: Windows 10 Professional.

From WhoCrashed analysis (which may or may not be relevant):

On Sat 16.7.2016 16:22:25 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: networx.sys (networx+0x8096)
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: networx.sys .
Google query: networx.sys DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   17 July 2016, 06:37

Regarding driver BSOD please see this article.
Markku

Re: Windows 10 upgrade and support   21 July 2016, 18:53

Thanks

I have, however, decided to uninstall networx as I am back home and have an unmetered connection. After uninstalling there have been no bluescreens so the problem is solved now.

I will keep in mind the info, though, should I move to a country with harsh data usage restrictions smile

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.