Having problems syncing NetWorx instances

Started by bbbbburton

bbbbburton

Having problems syncing NetWorx instances   20 July 2015, 05:56

As the title states I am having problems syncing the data of the 2 instances of NetWorx across my home network. At the moment it is running on 2 PC's (Windows 7 and Windows 8 - both soon to be Windows 10). The synchronization checkbox is checked in both instances of NetWorx and it seems to be working....up to a point.

Computer 1 was the first to get NetWorx installed and it works perfectly. When I installed it on Computer 2 (immediately checked the synchronization checkbox) it seemed to be working fine. However, the network usage stats for computer 2 work fine for about a minute where it is reset back to 0B sent/received and the previous total (from the minute before) is added to Computer 1's total. I might be wrong about it being added to Computer 1's total but from my quick calculation it does seem to be the case.

Because of this I cannot monitor the network usage properly and it is actually quite confusing as to why it is happening.

Do I need to move the database file to a location somewhere on the local network where the computers can access it concurrently? To me, that shouldn't be the case as the data from each instance of NetWorx should be synchronized to each instances database file - the point of synchronization is the eliminate the need for a database file local to both instances of the program.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Having problems syncing NetWorx instances   20 July 2015, 08:59

There's no need to move the database to a shared location. I am not quite sure what the issue is, but since you only have two PCs, try the following:
  1. Open the NetWorx hidden settings on each computer
  2. On computer A set the Sync computers with IP address parameter to computer B's IP address and vice versa.
  3. Now NetWorx should no longer rely on broadcast messages and sync directly.

Hope this helps.
bbbbburton

Re: Having problems syncing NetWorx instances   20 July 2015, 22:27

What is even stranger is that today it seems to be working just fine...
If it plays up again I will try what you suggested, thanks!

-I promise I am not computer-illiterate, it really was not working yesterday! :P
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Having problems syncing NetWorx instances   21 July 2015, 09:26

Over the years we've seen some very obscure and unexplainable bugs in many apps, so I do believe you: strange things do happen, and not only with our software. Hope it keeps working wink

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.