Installing portable version

Started by Barbara

Barbara

Installing portable version   22 July 2015, 04:23

I am trying to install Networx portable on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop. I downloaded files to my desktop. When I doubleclick on the networx.exe file I get this message: "The program can't start because SQLite.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." the SQLite.dill files are right there on the desktop in the same file. When I double click on them they do not open. How do I get the SQLite.dill files to the right place on my computer so I can use the Networx program?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Installing portable version   22 July 2015, 11:24

A portable version cannot be installed per se, this is its main difference from the installer.

If you just want NetWorx to work and don't have any specific needs for using the portable version, download and run the installer instead.

If you want to use the portable version, you have to copy networx.exe and sqlite.dll and make sure they both are either 32-bit or 64-bit. Some archiving programs hide the folder structure shown below

networx_portable.zip
│
├───32-bit
│       networx.exe
│       sqlite.dll
│
└───64-bit
        networx.exe
        sqlite.dll
For Windows x64 it makes sense to use the files from the 64-bit folder.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.