Clearing Applications tab clears everything

Started by Praxis

Clearing Applications tab clears everything   06 August 2015, 00:00

A long time ago I created separate icons for the two portables instances, [1] and [2].

2015-08-03 I renamed the executable, ini and icon files to include the Portable Instance Number:
networx1.exe
networx1.ini
networx1.ico
"networx1.exe Router" shortcut to be pinned to the Taskbar with this name
networx2.exe
networx2.ini
networx2.ico
"networx2.exe D-Link adapter" shortcut to be pinned to the Taskbar with this name

and the shortcut for the Installed instance
"networx.exe All connections" shortcut to be pinned to the Taskbar with this name

The database name can't be changed so they're in separate folders:
G:\Portable\NetWorx\stats-portable-1
G:\Portable\NetWorx\stats-portable-2

The Installed instance uses the default name for the exe and icon but has no ini file.
The database is in:
G:\Portable\NetWorx\Stats

The Installed instance monitors "All connections excluding Local traffic" to allow the Application Report to be populated.
It reports slightly less (10%) traffic than the router but the main purpose is to see which apps use the most bandwidth.

The problem:
After two days, I cleared the Application tab data which is only supposed to clear the Application totals, but found that this also cleared the 'normal' totals completely.
Not a big deal for me because I'm only interested in the Application totals over a day or two, but it could be serious for those that use this configuration for 'everything'.

I'm using v 5.4.0.0 2015-07-29 from http://www.softperfect.com/special/snapshots/ for both Installed and Portable.

OS is W7Pro-SP1 64bit

J
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Clearing Applications tab clears everything   06 August 2015, 10:19

How did you clear it? Using the Reset button?

Re: Clearing Applications tab clears everything   06 August 2015, 16:14

Yes.
Later, I found that I could right click within the body of the report and see multiple options, but that wasn't 'obvious' or 'intuitive' at first.sad

Andrew, could you please do one of the following when the [Reset] button is pressed on the Application tab?
1) Preferred = Provide a pop-up explanation that right-clicking within the Application tab window will allow multiple options applying only to the Application data.
2) Minimum = Limit the [Reset] on the Application tab to clearing/deleting only Application data. Then, if anyone wants to also clear the rest of the data, they can click the [Reset] on any of the other tabs. But a user may never right-click and find the multiple options.

Thanks,
J

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.