Networx 'dies' periodically

Started by ambriel

ambriel

Networx 'dies' periodically   11 August 2015, 19:57

I'm running Networx on several PCs on my home network to monitor primarily how much bandwidth the family members are consuming and to watch for rogue applications. On two machines Networx appears to 'die quietly', in that passing the mouse across the toolbar icon causes it to disappear and when I check the task manager there is no indication that the program is still running.

One machine is running Windows 7 Professional (32 bit) and the other is running Windows 8.1 (64 bit).

What I'm thinking is that maybe another application running on the machines is causing it to fail. Are there any software packages that are known to have problems with Networx?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Networx 'dies' periodically   12 August 2015, 20:03

Do you use the Ignore traffic within the LAN option on those PCs?
ambriel

Re: Networx 'dies' periodically   14 August 2015, 01:05

Yes I do, but I also have it set on two other machines (also running Win7/Win8.1) that aren't exhibiting the problem.

Is there a know problem in this area?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Networx 'dies' periodically   15 August 2015, 18:55

I am afraid I cannot say with certainty. See, NetWorx uses a third-party network driver called NetFilter to filter out LAN traffic. While it works well in most cases, it may also exhibit strange behavior in others. I guess I would recommend to try using WinPCap instead to see if that helps.
ambriel

Re: Networx 'dies' periodically   16 August 2015, 00:59

Well I changed the setting on the Win7Pro machine and so far it hasn't failed again. I'll keep an eye on it and maybe take a look at winpcap as well.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.