Difference between data usage on General tab vs Applications tab

Started by Eric

I'm trying to understand the data differences between what is showed on the General tab vs what is showed on the Applications tab. In my example, I show 3.07GB received on the General tab, but the Applications tab only lists a total of 309MB received.

Thanks!

Eric
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Difference between data usage on General tab vs Applications tab   03 September 2015, 04:11

They should match unless you have enabled the Ignore local traffic within the LAN option later, which may explain this difference. The Applications tab is only recording usage when this option is on.
Ok, thank you! I've been toggling the Ignore local traffic within the LAN on and off, so that must be it.

What I'm trying to figure out is why my monthly data usage has been going through the roof. I usually run around 20GB or so per month, but July was 44GB and August was 86GB. How do I figure out figure out where the data hog is? For me to show a usage of 3.07GB today alone is crazy. I'm not seeing anything standing out in the Applications list that indicate the problem child.

Thanks again!!
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Difference between data usage on General tab vs Applications tab   03 September 2015, 04:44

Well it could be anything. I'd recommend to leave the Ignore LAN traffic option on, so that application data is recorded and can be seen in the reports. It may give a clue then.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.