Router monitoring suddenly stopped

Started by befuddled

Router monitoring suddenly stopped   07 September 2015, 02:42

NetWorx was working soooo good. Then suddenly yesterday morning it stopped monitoring the router.

I was using the portable version. Installed the latest non-portable version. Rebooted the notebook. Rebooted the router.
Disabled wireless on the notebook, went to wired connection. Will not see the SNMP or UPnP. Will work with 'all connections' and 'Ignore local traffic'.

Was working with UPnP for months on this Sagemcom 1704N modem/router. Rarely missed a beat. Now, nothing at all.

The UPnP monitor utility mentioned in this thread shows traffic.

Re: Router monitoring suddenly stopped   07 September 2015, 02:44

Now, all of a sudden, it shows up again!!!! Could running that other utility have bumped something?

Re: Router monitoring suddenly stopped   07 September 2015, 05:38

I'm not really sure if it's working or not now. But I don't really know how to explain what I'm seeing, or not seeing.

I have the TaskBar Icon set to the graph. In the past, that was always fairly linear -- it would animate as a web page was loading showing data sent and received.
Now, it does not do that. It still animates, but not in sync with any page load. It's almost like it's reporting in batches or groups. Maybe it's just the icon; I don't know.
The Usage Report Hourly tab is counting up in data regardless of the icon animation.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Router monitoring suddenly stopped   07 September 2015, 12:11

May be somehow the firmware in your router was upgraded? It could even be done by your ISP.

We have got an old Siemens SpeedStream modem here and the same thing happens, the UPnP interface only reports usage after a download ends, not during it. Strangely many routers don't provide consistent and timely reporting via UPnP.

Re: Router monitoring suddenly stopped   08 September 2015, 22:37

One thing I seem to be noticing .....

When there is only one PC on line with NW set to monitor the router, the taskbar graph seems to work normally. When there is more than one PC on-line (one with NW), the taskbar icon acts as above where it seems to animate in batches.

Not really a problem I guess, just an observation.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.