Automating Installation

Started by SamODay

SamODay

Automating Installation   22 September 2015, 23:16

Running a script to automatically install Networx. There is an option that I want to "untick". Is there a command line switch to activate the General Settings tab? I want to be able to have my script open up cmd and access the settings, but the only thing that comes up is the menu selection. Any ideas how to make the settings window appear via cmd? Any help would be appreciated.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Automating Installation   22 September 2015, 23:30

You can install NetWorx using networx_setup.exe /SILENT on the command line. This will install it automatically without user intervention.

Then you can replace its initial database with all the settings. In order to do so:
  1. Download portable version of NetWorx to a folder.
  2. Set the settings the way you want.
  3. Quit NetWorx and you will find NETWORX.DB in that folder.
  4. Copy the file to c:\ProgramData\SoftPerfect\NetWorx\ after NetWorx was installed on a new computer.
SamODay

Re: Automating Installation   23 September 2015, 00:05

Completing your steps has not resolved my issue. The option of "Ignore local LAN traffic" is still remaining unticked. When I run it from the portable version, the option to tick the box is grayed out.

I reinstalled, and set the options the way I need them. I then found the .db file you made reference to. I thought that if I were to copy that file itself, and use it as the replacement, that it would work. Unfortunately, after I reinstalled Networx again and then replaced that .db file, the option is still unticked. Any other ideas?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Automating Installation   23 September 2015, 10:20

NetWorx stores all its configuration in this file NETWORX.DB. If the option is not ticked, it means it's not set in the DB file.

You can check this by downloading SQLiteSpy, loading NETWORX.DB in it and running the following query to check the setting
SELECT VALUE FROM config WHERE PARAM = 'IgnoreLAN'
A zero means it's off and 1 means it's on. It can be set by running the following query:
UPDATE config SET VALUE = 1 WHERE PARAM = 'IgnoreLAN'

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.