Error message on computer startup: The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library

Started by Dennis Faulkner

On computer startup Networx presents the following message: "The procedure entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-|1-1-0.dll"

I have to click the OK button 3 times before the message disappears and then all seems to work well. Can you solve this problem for me please?

Regards, Dennis Faulkner
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library   08 November 2015, 11:08

This error is caused by a missing or damaged run-time environment. Technically this isn't a NetWorx issue because it doesn't use any MSVC++ runtime, but anyway here is how to fix it.
Andrew,
I tried installing the vc_redist.x64 file and now I get the following:

"Microsoft Visual C++ 2015
Redistributable (x64) - 14.0.23026
Setup Failed
One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Please fix the issues and then retry setup.
0x80240017 - unspecified error"

Uninstalled both vc_redist.x64 and networx and tried installing vc_redist.x64 first, but same old.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library   08 November 2015, 14:19

Then I recommend to search in Google for what else you can try. For example this.
Sometimes the Update (C++ runtime) doesn't work and problem will remain the same due to registry corruption.

Try installing adobe reader or acrobat pro (whatever reader u have), run a repair of office 2010/ 2016 (any version you have). If problem still occurs, try installing C cleaner and do a registry fix (this will fix straight away)
i uses window 7(32 bit).when i installed wamp server it gives an error "The procedure entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-|1-1-0.dll".
i also installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) but it does not fix that error.help me regarding this.
How did you install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) on a 32-bit system? Try the x86 version instead.
See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833 support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833
This tells you how to diagnose the actual problem.
I am also installing x86 version for window 32bit but the error also comming when i am installing wamserver so please tell what can i do..?
I am also having the same problem while installing the wamp server, first the error was "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll" is missing so i put the .dll file in the system32 folder (i have a 32 bit oprating system), then this "The procedure entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll" error comes up, i also tried installing vc++ 2015 but nothing works, plz give some soluting... and i also comment if i found any. thanks.
I am also having the same problem while installing the wamp server, first the error was "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll" is missing so i put the .dll file in the system32 folder (i have a 32 bit oprating system), then this "The procedure entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll" error comes up, i also tried installing vc++ 2015 but nothing works, plz give some soluting... and i also comment if i found any. thanks.
This isn't really related to our product, but perhaps this solution can help. You may have to install both 32-bit and 64-bit depending on the bitness of your WAMP.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.