Current version and CPU load on Windows 10 x64 (1511)

Started by VVS

Current version is not compatible with Windows 10 (1511)
System process through the work day begins ~ 10-20% CPU.
The most heavily loaded processor thread ndis.sys
After uninstalling everything works fine.

Re: Current version and CPU load on Windows 10 x64 (1511)   25 November 2015, 05:16

There must be other variables, as I've used it with every 10 beta and haven't had that problem.

One possible variable: I'm using Winpcap, not the built-in driver. But it could be any number of other things.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Current version and CPU load on Windows 10 x64 (1511)   25 November 2015, 08:56

Please post here a screen shot of the Main tab of NetWorx settings.
The software has three different usage collection methods. To be able to help, I need to know which one you are using.

Re: Current version and CPU load on Windows 10 x64 (1511)   26 November 2015, 11:33

This is likely to be an issue with the driver for your network card. NetWorx merely polls it once a second "how many bytes have you sent and received" and this pretty much takes no CPU time. Below is a screen shot with an identical setup, but a different network card.

I would recommend to update the network card's driver. If this doesn't help, try ticking the Ignore local traffic within the LAN as it uses a different data collection method. If still no luck, you can try this workaround with WinPCap.

SoftPerfect support forum
I want to pay your attention that I wrote about process system, but not about process networx.exe
And I wrote about ndis.sys thread in the process system.

Re: Current version and CPU load on Windows 10 x64 (1511)   26 November 2015, 21:07

Likewise it doesn't happen, as you can see the 2% total CPU usage. I recommend to try the workarounds described above as it's not really a NetWorx bug.
TNX
It's works.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.