NetWorx is terminating Capture One process

Started by richt54

richt54

NetWorx is terminating Capture One process   17 January 2016, 20:59

For the last few months I have been having a problem with the image editing software "Capture One" running on Windows 7.

The problem involves two of its executables: CaptureOne.exe and ImgCoreProcess.exe which run on the same PC and use a TCP connection to communicate with each other.

The problem occurs when the TCP connection has been idle for almost exactly 2 hours (give or take a few seconds). I have finally traced the problem to NetWorx. If NetWorx is running when Capture One is started then, after 2 hours idle running, the TCP connection is closed and ImgCoreProcess.exe is terminated. If NetWorx is not running, then Capture One continues to work, no matter how long it is left idle.

I have been using NetWorx for several years and initially running it at the same time as Capture One caused no problems. However, in September 2015 I added a Synology NAS to my network. I then noticed that the large amount of network traffic I was writing to the NAS was swamping NetWorx's data for traffic to/from the internet. To remedy this, I ticked the "Ignore local traffic within the LAN" option in NetWorx's settings. I suspect it was just after I changed that setting that the problem with Capture One started occurring.

Apparently, this feature requires a network driver that comes with the installation package. I wonder if it is this driver that is responsible for the problem with Capture One?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: NetWorx is terminating Capture One process   17 January 2016, 21:16

Yes, this option activates the driver which may, in turn, cause network issues with some apps.

You can try a different driver (NetWorx comes with two), or use WinPCap as described here.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.