How to delete list items on the Applications tab

Started by Rod

Rod

How to delete list items on the Applications tab   31 January 2016, 05:40

Hi Folks,

Recently installed v5.5 and now cannot delete items on the Applications tab list (Win 8.1 64-bit OS). Only the options (1) "Properties" and (2) "Open File Location" are available on the context menu. Is it just me or more general?

Rod
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: How to delete list items on the Applications tab   31 January 2016, 11:00

This option is no longer present because now applications are recorded by day, thus obsolete applications will disappear from the view over time. Keeping this option would also be ambiguous: say when deleting an application, are we deleting it for one day, a selected date range, or all entries?

If you want to see applications in real-time, there's no need to delete them, instead use the NetStat feature.
Thanks Andrew,

My problem is that I don't pay for usage between midnight & 8 AM so I have habitually deleted the Applications list before going online each morning so I can see what applications are using paid-for bandwidth. It's not a major issue at the moment but I did find it useful. I can always re-install the previous version again.

Thanks again for your help.

Rod.

Re: How to delete list items on the Applications tab   01 February 2016, 19:51

Good point, I've just discovered that apps were recorded even if the hour status was set to Unmetered. Here is a new build that fixes it, please test it and let me know how it works.

You will need to go to the Advanced settings and mark 00.00 to 7:59 AM as Unmetered. Then NetWorx should automatically only show your metered traffic, including in the Applications tab:

SoftPerfect support forum
Thanks Andrew.

I've downloaded the new build and will install tonight.

I've now also noticed that the back-up file is no longer editable because of the .db format now used. I am sure there must have been good reason for the change of file-type but it's cutting down my options to correct matters if I happen to forget to reset all the household PCs at the end of each month - which I sometimes do.

Anyway, I'll try the new build which should now disregard Applications used in un-metered periods, if I understand you correctly.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
Rod

Re: How to delete list items on the Applications tab   03 February 2016, 23:58

That's right. There also may be no need to reset all your PCs at the end of every month. NetWorx is perfectly capable of maintaining month by month usage summary and you can drill in if necessary.
Hi Andrew,

Tried installing the new build and lost all settings and usage data. The installer couldn't find a file Networx.db. Fortunately, I had saved a back-up before the installation and System Restore recovered the program.

I didn't know the first thing about SQLite databases so full recovery took a while. Not happy.

Regards,
Rod

Re: How to delete list items on the Applications tab   04 February 2016, 23:47

The installer doesn't need networx.db. What was the exact error message?

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.