Monitoring all connected adapters, including VPN

Started by Neil

Neil

Monitoring all connected adapters, including VPN   20 February 2016, 02:44

In Windows 7 the Task Manager shows which adapters are connected and disconnected. When I run my Cisco VPN software it shows as a second adapter, in addition to the real ethernet adapter.

NetWorx does not show the Cisco VPN in its default 'all connections' results. It only shows the real ethernet results. For some reason, even though the VPN must be running on top of the ethernet adapter, the usage does not show up on the ethernet adapter in Networx or in Windows task manager.

I turned off the 'physical adapters only' to see all adapters. Now if I select only the Cisco VPN then I see the real traffic through it. But other settings ignore it. It seems you assume all traffic will show up under a physical adapter (reasonable assumption really!). But no. Even Windows itself does not count the VPN traffic against the ethernet.
Could you use the Windows logic and give a choice to monitor (and total) the traffic through all connected adapters? This would sum the ethernet and VPN.
Any fix?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Monitoring all connected adapters, including VPN   20 February 2016, 09:32

Just choose to monitor All Connections. This will sum up information from all available adapters (though this may be an issue if there are also some irrelevant virtual adapters present).

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.