Feature suggestion: notifications and more detailed statistics for apps

Started by rastaman

Hello,

would it be possible to include some new functionalities in some of the future versions? I have in mind e. g. some like these:

- NOTIFICATIONS of apps initiating new connections within the graph,
- STATISTICS for apps to include some more detailed info, e. g. Hosts (addresses of connections) and Traffic type (e. g. protocols used).

A competitor, GlassWire, includes these, but has a problem with extremely high CPU and RAM usage, thus I prefer NetWorx, liking not only its speed, but the program in whole.

Thanks for your great work!

Kind regards
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature suggestion: notifications and more detailed statistics for apps   13 April 2016, 09:36

These are good ideas, but I am afraid what you are asking for is rather a firewall's functionality, while NetWorx's main function is usage monitoring. We would like to keep NetWorx simple and fast as it is now.
Hi, Andrew,

thanks for your reply. Well, maybe you're right - I just thought, that since NetWorx already contains pretty rich statistics (including apps' transfers' volumes), it shouldn't be a big problem. In fact I don't know, how difficult would it be to implement the suggested features and, since I'm not a programmer, how demanding would it be to system resources and the HW (CPU, RAM).

My idea came from the experience, that when the OS is running, even w/o any net app started NetWorx from time to time shows some network traffic, anyway - just the user doesn't know, where it's coming from and of what kind it is.

If one's using the System Explorer simultaneously, he can see the list of currently active files (running processes), but since those are mostly weirdly named system files, w/o further research (e. g. using the file.net) it's hard to guess, what's going on and why.

So, that is, why I was bothering you... uff, it's become looong... smile

Kind regards
rastaman

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.