Updated to AT&T Fiber DSL, can't find SNMP

Started by The Soundsmith

The Soundsmith

Updated to AT&T Fiber DSL, can't find SNMP   21 April 2016, 02:53

I just "upgraded" from copper to fiber, and AT&T "gave" me a new modem, a Pace 5031NV-030. Networx cannot see a connection, and I cannot figure out if there is an SNMP link that I don't see or if I just can't use this app. Any ideas appreciated, Networx has been a vital part of managing data limits.

Thanks.

Don't know what info is relevant, so what I know:
Broadband link-ADSL/VDSL
IP connection Direct IP(DHCP or Static)
Which offers me no info. I have lots of other parameters displayed, but nothing seems relevant.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Updated to AT&T Fiber DSL, can't find SNMP   21 April 2016, 08:29

Unfortunately, there isn't much we can help you with. The official data sheet doesn't mention UPnP or SNMP, so probably those are not supported.
The SOundsmith

Re: Updated to AT&T Fiber DSL, can't find SNMP   21 April 2016, 13:58

Thanks. I was afraid thatwas the case, but I had to give it a shot.
The Soundsmith

Are there options?   23 April 2016, 02:20

Are you aware of a similar app to yours that CAN work with the AT&T modem? I have tried several, currently working with GlassWire, but they all are way more intrusive and give me far too much info. NetWorx was EXACTLY what I needed...

Thanks.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Are there options?   23 April 2016, 09:09

I am not sure if any app in existence can monitor a router that doesn't support UPnP or SNMP. This just doesn't seem possible.

As far as I can tell GlassWire is a firewall/traffic monitor that only monitors the computer it's installed on. NetWorx does the same when you don't set it to monitor a router.
johnybgood

Re: Are there options?   06 June 2016, 05:08

I know it's bad practice to piggy back someone else's post, but it seems so similar. I have UPnP enabled router from Comcast but for some reason when I try to set the Networx application to monitor my router instead, it comes up with nothing in the drop downs. What do?
johnybgood

Re: Are there options?   06 June 2016, 05:12

Aaaaactually, I changed my mind. I figured out what was wrong. In the uPnP page, I had an option for the time to live on the hops that it was making. I increased that by a few and that fixed that problem.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.