Suggestion: a button to reset current session data only

Started by saud

Suggestion: a button to reset current session data only   23 April 2016, 15:25

I just started using NetWorx and it is great.
Sometimes I use netmeter to measure size of different youtube and netflix videos and clearing session data really helps without clearing all the data.

SoftPerfect support forum

It would be nice to see something like that in NetWorx. Like Current Session | Today | Since in General tab. This way I can measure some download, clear it, measure something different and clear it and so on. Please add a button next to Reset to only reset current session data and show that current data in a new column.

Thanks for making this awesome software and I hope it is still maintained.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Suggestion: a button to reset current session data only   23 April 2016, 17:05

We can't make it exactly the way you describe, but yes it's a good idea to add a way to reset only the current session. You can grab the latest build here.

As you can see there's a new menu item under Reset. You can also choose what's displayed in the two columns, it can be something other than Today and Since. Simply click the headings to change.

Re: Suggestion: a button to reset current session data only   24 April 2016, 10:15

This is exactly what I want. Thanks.
Hi. I had Networx installed a few days ago on windows 8.1 I too wanted to reset my current session, but when i click on the reset button drop down menu, the "current session" selection is NOT highlighted and so i cannot select it. Any ideas how i can make "current session" selection active? Thanks.

Re: Suggestion: a button to reset current session data only   01 June 2016, 14:01

You need to have Current Session shown at the General tab in order for the Reset command to be enabled:

Re: Suggestion: a button to reset current session data only   01 June 2016, 15:20

I was confused at first too and I figured out after a while. It would be nice to have an edit icon next to header title, nobody knows it is also possible to change these values.

Re: Suggestion: a button to reset current session data only   01 June 2016, 16:24

Good point. We'll add a couple of drop-down arrows to indicate these can be changed:

Hi,
Thank you for the reply. I have tried to select the "current session" while on the General tab, still the "current session" selection is not active or highlighted. I have a screen photo of it, but i do not know how to convert my photo's directory link (hyperlink) to an Url or FTP// as required by your screen reply form.

Re: Suggestion: a button to reset current session data only   02 June 2016, 04:51

You have to select Current Session first from the drop down then it will become active
Attachments:
open | download – Image 1.png (16.8 KB)
I have fixed it. Was not obvious. Where you had "current session " column in the General tab, in mine the column was showing "Today" and not "current usage" If only the inside options of "Today, This week, This month, ... were shown in a visible Labeled drop down box. Cheers.
Thank you Andrew and Saud for above info. I have slightly different enquiry on current session. I noticed when i go to settings > graph tab and select "session traffic" from the Type drop box, the session clock does not stop and restart with every new internet session. So far my session time in the General tab\current session and in the floating graph both indicate 36h 15min and counting. I shut my laptop to sleep after every session yet the Networx current session timer keeps on going day after day. Any ideas why?

Re: Suggestion: a button to reset current session data only   03 June 2016, 09:43

Perhaps you have a slightly different idea on what a session is.

A session is the time between starting and quitting NetWorx. It doesn't reset on sleep or Internet disconnection.
ok. Thank you Andrew.
Hi Guys. The 1st time when I installed the Networx program (back in June 2016), I had difficulty how to locate the reset "current session" usage, until you guys helped me how to do it. Networx and the reset current sessions worked fine since then on my laptop with Win 8.1. But for the past few weeks something has happened and the Reset "current session" is no longer highlighted (it's greyed out) even though I am on the General tab. I have restarted the computer with a Reset in case the laptop had something, but still no change. Any ideas? Any settings I can check for?

Re: Suggestion: a button to reset current session data only   15 September 2016, 10:46

Simply choose Current Session for the left or right column at the General tab and the Reset Session option will become active:

Thank you SO MUCH Andrew !!

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.