Network card works only when the second card is disabled

Started by Sylvain

Hello,
I have two network cards on my computer but when I want to set the network that i want to follow, I have a problem: I selected "only networks below", the 2 MAC addresses of my 2 cards are visible, only one is green, but the 2 cards are activated and used. Of course, if I select the grayed one, Networx does not work and vice versa. If I disable the network card whose MAC address is green, the gray turn to green and becomes operational.

You can imagine that if I write in this forum, it means that I would like to set on Networx with the gray one, without disabling my second card.

thanks a lot for your advices
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Network card works only when the second card is disabled   19 July 2016, 16:17

Those MAC addresses are not the MAC addresses of the cards. They are the MAC addresses of the default gateway to which the PC is connected.

As far as I remember, in this feature NetWorx recognises only one connection. Can't you just tick both networks? Then NetWorx would be active no matter which one is connected.
Sorry, I wrote a small error: the MAC addresses are those of the two gateways I'm using.
One card is connected to a gateway, and the other card is connected to the other gateway. Both cards are activated, and I'm using the two networks in the same time. But i would to log only one network, the grayed one...

I can tick the one I want, but if it's the gray one, the Networx's thumbnail turn to gray too. I don't understand why the two networks are working but only one is available.
OK, maybe Networx works with only one network at a time. In this case, how can I choose the one I want?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Network card works only when the second card is disabled   19 July 2016, 18:16

I guess simply allow NetWorx to monitor all networks under the Networks button:

SoftPerfect support forum

Then choose the network adapter under Monitored interfaces connected to the network you want to monitor:

SoftPerfect support forum
laugh
well, the solution was too simple for my confused brain ... AH AH AH

wink
Thanks!

I have another problem to solve, so I open another topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.