Monitoring multiple networks with multiple usage and quota

Started by sadiromer

Monitoring multiple networks with multiple usage and quota   02 August 2016, 14:53

Hi,

I have 2 separate WiFi connections at home, and a WiFi connection at the workplace. Is it possible to monitor each WiFi connection separately and put a Quota for each connection? The home being 25GB for on and off peak, while the work is 3.5GB flat rate?

Thank You
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Monitoring multiple networks with multiple usage and quota   02 August 2016, 15:05

Not directly. You can have three independent instances of the portable build running in different folders:
  1. Monitor home connection A and a quota of 25 GB for it
  2. Monitor home connection B and set another 25 GB quota for it
  3. Monitor workplace connection and set a 3.5 GB quota for it
For each instance you would need to configure a link in the Startup folder to launch it automatically. Also under the Networks button configure each to monitor a specific network.

You may also want to assign a custom icon to each instance to be able to tell them apart.

Re: Monitoring multiple networks with multiple usage and quota   02 August 2016, 15:37

Thank You very much. That was very helpful.

So, I have installed the software now. So should I uninstall it first and then have three independent instances of the portable build running in different folders?

Re: Monitoring multiple networks with multiple usage and quota   02 August 2016, 15:39

Yes, that's the best option to run multiple instances. Remove the already installed instance and then setup three independent ones in three separate folders.

Re: Monitoring multiple networks with multiple usage and quota   02 August 2016, 16:12

With the portable option is it possible to monitor separate application usage?

Re: Monitoring multiple networks with multiple usage and quota   02 August 2016, 16:16

I am afraid not. This feature requires a driver that only comes with the installed version. At the same time, you can't run multiple instances of the installed version. So you'd have to make a trade-off using one or the other.

Re: Monitoring multiple networks with multiple usage and quota   02 August 2016, 16:32

Is it possible to use 1 installed version and multiple portable versions?

Re: Monitoring multiple networks with multiple usage and quota   02 August 2016, 17:53

I recommend to try, in this case the order is important. The installed version will not start if it detects any other instance is running, so it's important for it to start before the portable instances. This may be achieved by launching all of them from a BAT file.

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.