Silent and preconfigured installation

Started by senri

Silent and preconfigured installation   17 August 2016, 00:10

Hi,

I'm looking for way to automatically (no user intervention) install Networx that is already preconfigured.
I understand the portable version does not support Application usage tracking which is the function I want the most.

1) What's the difference between portable and setup versions?
2) Is it possible to silent install Networx (and not run it automatically) and then overwrite the installation folder with the one that is already configured, then run it - using powershell or a batch file?
3) If I set the Report option to weekly, in the Application portion of the report will it show the applications with their weekly total of sent/receive/total? Or will it list all the days in the week?

Thanks
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Silent and preconfigured installation   17 August 2016, 00:52

Apart from coming with the installer, the setup version comes with a driver to filter out LAN traffic and an extension called desk band:

SoftPerfect support forum

Yes, it's possible. Run the installation package with /SILENT or /VERYSILENT for unattended installation. Then you can place pre-configured NetWorx.DB in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\SoftPerfect\NetWorx and finally start the app.

It's weekly totals, there is no breakdown by day of week.

Re: Silent and preconfigured installation   18 August 2016, 00:13

That's exactly what I want. To the devs maybe consider adding sorting to the html log file output. Or is this already possible using some other setting in a different tab? (I've looked).

Thanks

Re: Silent and preconfigured installation   18 August 2016, 00:24

Isn't the report already sorted? As far as I remember by application name. Or you are suggesting to change to sorting by usage, with applications that used most data on top?

Re: Silent and preconfigured installation   19 August 2016, 05:46

Sorry yes, would make sense since it's a usage report.

Re: Silent and preconfigured installation   19 August 2016, 19:01

Good idea, we've just updated NetWorx. Now it orders applications by usage in its e-mail reports, in line with that in the Usage Reports section. You can download the update here.

Re: Silent and preconfigured installation   23 August 2016, 00:11

Wow, great. Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.