Losing router monitoring settings after each restart

Started by Kardano

Kardano

Losing router monitoring settings after each restart   21 September 2016, 13:43

My english is bad, i' sorry. I want to report a bug.

After update to NetWorx ver 5.5.5 when monitoring my Router, sw losing its settings after each restart saying not connected. monitoring router is possible, if i set manually monitor my router. tested on 2 PC. Windows 7 x64

I returned to previous version (5.5.4) that is OK. 5.5.4 start monitor my router automatically after restart with no problem. Version 5.5.5 NOT.

Thanks.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Losing router monitoring settings after each restart   21 September 2016, 14:56

Thanks for your feedback.

We haven't changed anything related to router monitoring between these two versions. So at this stage it's hard to say what's causing the problem, so I guess we'll just wait to see if anyone else reports a similar issue.
livefoniks

Re: Losing router monitoring settings after each restart   22 September 2016, 04:31

Having the same problem here after having just upgraded to 5.5.5. After each restart the "Monitored interfaces" dropdown on the main settings page is blank, and I have to go in and manually set it to monitor my router.
Just a me2. I've also had to return to 5.5.4 for exactly this reason.

64 bit version on Win 7 Pro SP1 64, Dovado Pro router.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Losing router monitoring settings after each restart   22 September 2016, 20:01

Thanks guys, the issue has been fixed in the latest builds. Please test it and confirm.
Thanks. I've now tested the latest build and it seems to hang on to the router settings after a reboot.
I have the 'Daily Traffic' pop-up set up on mouse hover and it said "Not available" at line 2 for a while after reboot (instead of "Router Dovado router" ), but everything else in Settings was appropriate for my router, traffic incremented, and eventually my router name appeared in that pop-up without any changes made.
livefoniks

Re: Losing router monitoring settings after each restart   23 September 2016, 08:45

Yes, it appears to be fixed and working fine after installing the daily build. Thanks a lot!

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.