How to clear old addresses from the Ping and Trace list

Started by brynzomen

How to clear old addresses from the Ping and Trace list   04 November 2016, 03:48

Hi All!
I have not found how to clean a list of old typed addresses in Tools - Ping and Trace. Who knows - tell me please.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: How to clear old addresses from the Ping and Trace list   04 November 2016, 10:40

1. Quit NetWorx.
  2. Download SQLiteSpy.
  3. Launch it and load the NetWorx database file located in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\SoftPerfect\NetWorx.
  4. Execute the following query:
      DELETE FROM config WHERE Param = 'HostName'  
  5. Start NetWorx again.

Re: How to clear old addresses from the Ping and Trace list   05 November 2016, 20:31

Thanks Andrew!
But it could make normal option... What for to do it so difficult for the user?...

Re: How to clear old addresses from the Ping and Trace list   05 November 2016, 20:53

We don't see any real need for an average user to delete those entries.
I don't understand how it is that you don't see the real need for an average user to delete or edit addresses in the Ping or Trace lists. It seems like a common need. For example, I've mistyped an address in the Ping list and it kept it in the list. Sure would have been nice to have an easier way to delete it than downloading new software to edit the NetWorx database! Not to mention the fact that the Ping list just grows and grows when I ping various websites. I really don't need to keep a list of EVERY website that I ping.

Re: How to clear old addresses from the Ping and Trace list   21 March 2017, 11:01

Both of these lists (ping and trace route) only keep 10 most recent addresses used. If there is an incorrect entry, it would be pushed out over time as you ping or trace new addresses.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.