Huge amount of data written to the disk

Started by ponfati

ponfati

Huge amount of data written to the disk   11 November 2016, 23:20

Uptime 3h. 4 GB/h? Am I missing something here? Brainfart? 13 000 000 000 bytes is 12 GiB.
I downloaded the program from here. As I didn't change default all this data has been written on the SSD. sad At least I've only been using this program for a couple days but that's still ~tons of GB. My SSD went from 182 to 228 GB total host writes in 14h. Majority being from NetWorx as I've changed the temp/cache settings for Emby and hardly used it for those 14h. CrashPlan doesn't write anything to the SSD.

Now I've uninstalled it and don't plan to reinstall so I can't supply more info. I guess this is mostly a warning than a support thread.

I've compared my NetWorx.exe checksum with that at SoftPerfect download page, they match. VirusTotal gives no virus matches.

SoftPerfect support forum

I forgot to include the titles in the screenshot. Here's a later one but it's after NetWorx uninstall.
SoftPerfect support forum
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Huge amount of data written to the disk   12 November 2016, 00:04

This is pretty common. It has nothing to do with viruses. NetWorx doesn't write much to your SSD.

It's just that any ETW-based monitor would report nonsense values for the reasons explained in this thread.
ponfati

Re: Huge amount of data written to the disk   12 November 2016, 02:20

Ah thanks! Sorry about a duplicate question then. smile

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.