WiFi problems in Ubuntu after install

Started by Nelson

Nelson

WiFi problems in Ubuntu after install   20 December 2016, 06:01

Hi,

I installed NetWorx in Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, and after starting the app (which closes itself without showing any window), my laptop seems to have problems with the wifi.
It seems like something changed and now applications are having problem connecting to the internet, as well as some pages taking very long time to access, like github for example which never happens.
I uninstalled the app but the problems persist, so I wonder if there's any way to undo all changes made to my system by NetWorx?

Thank you.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: WiFi problems in Ubuntu after install   20 December 2016, 15:08

It shouldn't be related as NetWorx doesn't change any system settings or replace any files.

It's probably a coincidence, so restarting the system or checking syslog may help.
Nelson

Re: WiFi problems in Ubuntu after install   20 December 2016, 17:30

Okay, I understand, but I think something is still changed, since the wifi was working perfectly until that moment, and my other laptops are also working fine.
Checking the log, I can't see anything that calls my attention, but I'll post it here since it's quite short.
Is there any chance the app installs some driver or daemon that maybe I couldn't completely remove and is causing some conflict?

Thank you.

SoftPerfect support forum
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: WiFi problems in Ubuntu after install   22 December 2016, 15:18

Sorry, I wish I could help you with this, but I don't know what it can be caused by. There are no daemons and no drivers installed.

We merely use the standard getifaddrs system call and per-interface statistics available through it. There isn't any way it could interfere with the system and quite a few users have been running it successfully.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.