Ignore local traffic within the LAN results in Driver Operation Error

Started by Dick

I am using Networx free edition to monitor metered wireless internet, using a Dell XPS desktop computer, Win 7 home, Cradlepoint 1200B router with Verizon USB620L modem. I would like to be able to print out a daily record of internet usage by program and/or app. Currently when I go to the "Usage Report" -> "Applications" tab, I get the message: "To enable application usage tracking you need to turn the Ignore LAN Traffic option on." When I go the Settings page and check the "Ignore LAN Traffic" box, I get a pop-up message: "Driver Operation Error" . How can I get this to work properly?

Thanks for your help,
Dick
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Ignore local traffic within the LAN results in Driver Operation Error   18 April 2017, 11:40

This indicates an issue with the driver that NetWorx uses to filter out LAN traffic, which could be a conflict with antivirus software or something else.

If you had previously chosen to install the TDI driver when installing NetWorx, try reinstalling it and choose to install the WFP driver instead, then reboot. If you had previously chosen the WFP driver, try installing the TDI instead, and reboot after that.

Otherwise, perhaps try turning off the antivirus or use the latest version of NetWorx.

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.