SoftPerfect NetWorx

Stats import between Windows and Linux

Started by nicolaj

Stats import between Windows and Linux   28 July 2017, 09:22

I've just set up a server with linux and wanted to have networx running and monitoring the wan through snmp, so far so good. That works. But i'm not able to import the stats i've made a backup from my desktop running windows. That's a huge bummer. Add to wishlist imo.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Stats import between Windows and Linux   28 July 2017, 11:20

Unfortunately the backups between Windows and Linux versions are not compatible. Despite the same name, the builds for Linux (and macOS) are essentially a separate product and that's why they have different version numbers and changelogs.

We may be able to address this in the future with a converter, but for now I am afraid there is no way to transfer data between OSes.

Re: Stats import between Windows and Linux   28 July 2017, 11:27

Even tho the builds etc. are different, it just seems like the one thing you'd want to be universally compatible, is the one thing you can actually export/backup. But hopefully that's something that'll come in the future. I have stats from my windows machine back to 2009 and it's become like a hobby thing keeping it backed up and also running the track those numbers.

Re: Stats import between Windows and Linux   29 July 2017, 09:46

Or, being able to sync between clients on the local network.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Stats import between Windows and Linux   29 July 2017, 10:30

Syncing is definitely planned, possibly with an option to keep usage records in a cloud.

Re: Stats import between Windows and Linux   29 July 2017, 10:34

That'd be cool. syncing across the local network would be good enough for me, but cloud isn't bad either, usage report aren't that big, mine is 2.7mb. Would be very easy to store, wouldn't require much in terms of server etc. Also thought that'd be easier than having universal backup/export/import compatibility.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.