Tracking data usage of a specific application

Started by Patrick D

Patrick D

Tracking data usage of a specific application   10 May 2018, 10:13

Hi, I'm running the installed version of NetWorx on my desktop computer with 64-bit Windows 7. I'd like to track the amount of data used by a particular application I'm running. The Usage Report states: "To enable application usage tracking you need to turn the Ignore LAN traffic option on. Settings > Main > Monitored interfaces." I went to the Settings menu and checked the Ignore box as instructed, but I still can't figure out how to track a particular application. Please tell me how to do this. Thank you! -Patrick D.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Tracking data usage of a specific application   10 May 2018, 10:25

Once this setting has been enabled, you should see a list of applications and their usage on the Applications tab in Usage Report, as shown below.

In the default configuration only top 10 applications by usage are shown in that list. To see more, simply change the quantity in the hidden settings. There is a parameter named Top applications and web-sites, which you can set to a desired number, or a zero to show all records.

You can also watch your application's usage in real-time with the NetStat tool.

SoftPerfect support forum

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.