Monitoring and recording the Internet speed and dropouts

Started by Pascal

Hello,
I am wondering if there is a way to monitor the Internet speed ans register each time the speed drops below a certain value. My aim is to collect enough information for discussing communication issues with my Internet provider.

(I'm using mac Sierra 10.13.4)
Thanks and regards
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Monitoring and recording the Internet speed and dropouts   21 May 2018, 15:56

If you want to periodically measure the speed of your Internet connection, NetWorx offers a tool called Speed Meter that uploads and downloads test data to a remote server and measures the speed of your connection.

The issue here however is that while the Windows version of NetWorx can run these tests on a set schedule and keep a record of the results, the Linux and macOS versions currently lack this feature, i.e. cannot run the tests on a schedule. If that suit you, you can either use a Windows PC for this task, or run Windows in a VM on macOS.
Many thanks for your answer.
In fact I tried the Windows version as I have it installed on a dedicated partition. But I really use mainly the Mac OS... I will keep an eye on NetWorx evolution in case you add this feature to macOS version.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.