Download and upload numbers in exported reports

Started by Mel

Hi, I saved my Speed Meter results to an Excel spreadsheet using CSV. Date and Ping look fine, but the download and upload numbers don't seem to tally with the numbers shown on-screen.

For example: at 9:50am today download was 106 and upload was 13.6 (in Mbit/s). When I save to file these numbers are shown as 13258991 and 1703936 respectively. If I divide these numbers by 128 I get near to the on-screen numbers, i.e. 103.58 and 13.31. Please advise on how I should convert the CSV numbers to correlate with the on-screen numbers.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Download and upload numbers in exported reports   07 August 2018, 12:35

The numbers are exported in bytes per second, regardless of the display settings that can be configured to show either bits per second or bytes per second.

The conversion is pretty easy. As 1 byte contains 8 bits and M means 1 million, to match the displayed numbers you need to multiply by 8 and divide by 1000000, i. e.:
13258991 * 8 / 1000000 = 106.07
1703936 * 8 / 1000000 = 13.63

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.