Compatibility with Synology router

Started by Jean-Louis

Jean-Louis

Compatibility with Synology router   06 January 2019, 15:23

I used the free version 5.5 of NetWorx for many years. Now I changed my router to a brand new Synology RT2600ac and decided to upgrade to the paid version of NetWorx with lifetime updates, but I have the impression that NetWorx does not work with RT2600ac. However I don't follow my router and I tried in UPnP and I set WANcommonIFC1. It does not see the traffic on the router. Can you help me? Thanks
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Compatibility with Synology router   06 January 2019, 15:33

According to Synology RT2600ac datasheet, it supports SNMP. Not having that router physically here we are not sure where exactly the relevant settings are, but if you enable SNMP you should be able to use it instead of UPnP. Generally SNMP works better for monitoring purposes.

Could you perhaps check your router's SNMP settings and if you find them, set the SNMP version to "1" and community string to "public"? This should make it possible for NetWorx to monitor the router.
Jean-Louis

Re: Compatibility with Synology router   06 January 2019, 15:37

Thanks for your reply.

I am about to try SNMP v1 with community string set to "public". What should I choose in the WAN interface list (lo, sit0, miireg, eth0, eth1, eth2, qca-nss-dev0, qca-nss-dev1...) ?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Compatibility with Synology router   06 January 2019, 15:39

That's where you may need to experiment a little. The list represents all network interfaces of the router: some are network jacks at the back of the modem, and one of those should be the interface connected to the Internet.

Try choosing each of them one by one, and then downloading something from the Internet or opening some website. Once the correct interface is selected, you will see your usage on the graph and in NetWorx reports.
Jean-Louis

Re: Compatibility with Synology router   06 January 2019, 15:45

It seems that with eth0 it works ok now. Thank you!

Kind regards,
Jean-Louis

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.