Asked to enter licence key after every update

Started by Riccardo

Riccardo

Asked to enter licence key after every update   08 April 2019, 10:09

Hi,
I have this problem: every time I update NetWorx to a new version on my PC, it request me to insert the serial code as if it was a new installation. My PC is the same, nothing changed, only updated NetWorx. Do you have any suggestions why this happens and how to solve it?
Thanks
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Asked to enter licence key after every update   08 April 2019, 10:31

This should not be happening normally. NetWorx should request the licence key once, and then use it for further updates until the end of the update period included in the licence. However, there are a few situations that may lead to the issue you are experiencing:
  • If you uninstall the application before installing a new version. In this case NetWorx diligently cleans up after itself and removes all its data, including the licence. If you want the key to remain and keep all the application data, you should simply close the current version and install a new version over it.
  • If the older and newer versions are of different editions. For example, if the older version was installed and the new one is a portable edition, they should and will work independently, so the new version will not see any old version's data and vice versa, including the licence key. It may be worth searching the entire hard drive for networx.exe to see if you have more than one copy of NetWorx.
  • If you use some Internet security or antivirus software that places every new update of NetWorx into a sandbox (environment isolated from the rest of the system). We have seen this behaviour with Comodo and several other antivirus products. If you are using a security/antivirus product, please whitelist NetWorx so it runs directly instead of a sandbox.
Riccardo

Re: Asked to enter licence key after every update   08 April 2019, 10:35

Thanks for the answer.
I install each new version over the old, all the same edition, and I don't have multiple copies of NetWorx, but I do have Avast Internet Security. I'll try to search if NetWorx is in some restricted list or a sandbox.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.