Displaying NetWorx graph at boot on Linux Mint desktop

Started by Norville Barnes

Norville Barnes

Displaying NetWorx graph at boot on Linux Mint desktop   31 March 2020, 04:22

I have used NetWorx for many years under Windows 7. One of the most useful tools in my tool box.

Now I am moving our Intel-based desktop computers to Linux Mint 19.3. NetWorx does load and appears on bottom tray, as in Windows.
The difference is that I need to: right-click the tray icon, then cursor over the 'Show Graph' offering, then wait for the network ID (eno1) to appear and left-click it. This needs to be done on each new boot of the system.

There is an argument in the 'networx.desktop' file that reads: Exec=networx. Perhaps this is a location to add a command argument that triggers the 'Show Graph eno1' function.

Do you know if there is any approach that can produce the NetWorx desktop graph automatically at boot, just like it is under Windows?

Norville
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Displaying NetWorx graph at boot on Linux Mint desktop   31 March 2020, 18:54

That's a good point. We have just added a new small function that lets you have the graph open at startup.

You can download the updated build here. It has a star button in the bottom-left corner of the graph, which toggles between a white star ("not showing on startup") and a black star ("showing on startup").

Below is a screen shot from Windows, but the same button was added in the Linux and macOS versions:

SoftPerfect support forum

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.