Kerio VPN reports double rate

Started by Mohammad

Mohammad

Kerio VPN reports double rate   17 April 2020, 03:06

Hello. I use the last version of NetWorx (6.2.8) on Windows 10 64bit (last release).

When I use Kerio VPN, NetWorx shows me double rate speed. I use "ignore local traffic..." for the application usage monitoring. When I change the "Monitor Interface" to Wi-Fi device, the problem is solved, however, I can't use Usage Monitoring then. How can I fix this problem?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Kerio VPN reports double rate   17 April 2020, 11:17

It's likely that the Kerio driver intercepts your network traffic, encrypts it and sends it encrypted, which NetWorx records twice. Once from the actual applications and then once again from Kerio.

One solution would be, as you mentioned, choosing a specific network interface. This will disable per application recording though.

Alternatively, you could try our newer product - NetGenius. It uses a different monitoring mechanism and there is a chance it will work correctly with Kerio.
Mohammad

Re: Kerio VPN reports double rate   17 April 2020, 22:32

Thank you for your answer. I've been using NetWorx for a long time. It is lightweight and has a nice interface.

However, I installed and checked NetGenius. It has good features like speed limiting and blocking,... But I feel the value measured by NetWorx is more accurate than NetGenius. I've only downloaded a few files and checked the speed and volume consumed in both applications, and they are not the same.

I know NetGenius is new. I hope it becomes better over time. laugh
Mohammad

Re: Kerio VPN reports double rate   18 April 2020, 18:04

See this, please. Not solved yet.

SoftPerfect support forum
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Kerio VPN reports double rate   19 April 2020, 21:46

Looks like the same problem here. The Kerio service intercepts your network traffic, encrypts it and sends it encrypted, which NetGenius records twice. Once from the actual applications and then once again from Kerio.

We have added a workaround and it will simply ignore this service. Kindly try installing the latest build and let me know if it helped.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.