Fritz!Box router support

Started by Alessandro Del Prete

Alessandro Del Prete

Fritz!Box router support   18 April 2020, 03:39

Do you have any plan to support AVM Fritz!Box that uses the DSL forum's UPnP TR-064 protocol?

There are opensource libraries available: I'm using fritzconnect on Linux box and it works fine. Documentation is available here: https://avm.de/service/schnittstellen/

Thanks,
Alessandro
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Fritz!Box router support   18 April 2020, 10:22

I have taken a look at the fritzconnection scripts and TR-064 overview. Most of those functions seems to be for querying and setting router configuration. That's not something NetWorx can use: for bandwidth monitoring we only need the router's upload/download stats.

These are retrieved via UPnP's WANCommonInterfaceConfig service under router monitoring.
Alessandro Del Prete

Re: Fritz!Box router support   18 April 2020, 22:24

This is what I'm actually doing with fritzconnection + fritzcollectd: current traffic, connection info, current bandwidth, etc. Everything that is needed.

SoftPerfect support forum

Re: Fritz!Box router support   19 April 2020, 21:58

Well, the charts look very nice, but all this data is based on polling the router statistics once a second and storing the numbers.

NetWorx should give you all the same information (except the Connection Status and Uptime) if you monitor your router via UPnP.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand you. What exactly do you want NetWorx to do?
Alessandro Del Prete

Re: Fritz!Box router support   24 April 2020, 22:21

I wanted to make it work with my new Fritz!Box, via UPnP, but it didn't. I upgraded to latest Firewall and discovered this morning that finally I can see the interface in the settings. It was always empty before.

I'm using FRITZ!OS: 07.19-77553 BETA.

SoftPerfect support forum

Thanks for the help.

Re: Fritz!Box router support   24 April 2020, 22:34

Good to see it's working now.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.