Connection Monitor settings

Started by Frederick

Frederick

Connection Monitor settings   20 April 2020, 11:33

How often does Connection Monitor send out a ping? Is this configurable?

The user manual says that the timeout and retries can be set. It says that if the timeout is 60 seconds and two tries occur in that time, it will record an event. What is it recording: success or failure? If two are successful, why record an event?

Also, how to enable logging? I do not see anything in my logs. Are they only failed pings? On the speed meter, I set it for to run every 60 minutes. Does it run continuously? I never seem to have ore than 6-8 hours of results.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Connection Monitor settings   20 April 2020, 11:38

These are two parameters that affect Connection Monitor, they are located in the Hidden Options:
  • Connection monitor timeout is a time period in seconds after which the connection monitor records an event in its log.
  • Connection monitor retries is a number of consequent pings performed by the connection monitor. For example, if the timeout is set to 60s and the number of retries is set to 2, it will record an event after two successful or unsuccessful pings within one minute.
If you ticked Ping the above hosts periodically... in the Connection Monitor, it will record both failures (two period pings fail) and recovery (one periodic ping succeeds).

For experimental purposes, you can try disabling your computer's WiFi or network card and wait for a couple of minutes. You will see that event logged. Once you re-enable it, in about a minute you will see another event recorded.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.