Separate usage statistics for each user

Started by Jay

Jay

Separate usage statistics for each user   02 May 2020, 16:41

Hello,

I have installed NetWorx, and it is showing in/out traffic properly, but not showing other users' statistics. There are at least 8 users connected via remote desktop, but NetWorx is showing only "Administrator" and "All Users Combined". Can you please tell me why it's like this? Is there a solution? Can I identify which user is using more bandwidth? NetWorx is showing total bandwidth, but I want to track every single user. Is there any way to do that using NetWorx?

My OS: Windows Server 2019 R2 Standard 64-bit edition

Thank you!
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Separate usage statistics for each user   02 May 2020, 17:02

It's just how NetWorx works: it is unable to attribute individual usage to a specific user. When multiple users are logged on, it will simply use the name of the user who launched NetWorx first.

I don't think there is any way to track bandwidth usage by the user name. You can probably use Wireshark to determine top IP addresses and then map them to user names, but I have not seen any ready-to-use software for that.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.