How to measure connection speed between computer and UPnP WiFi device

Started by Trebly

Hello,

I bought yesterday NetWorx to check my network (more advanced than MS Win10 Task Manager, command line commands like : Ping, Tracert, NetStat and Router FreeBox6 panel).

For now I could not find how to test the speed of data transfer (streaming) between my server (UMS Universal Media Server) and VLC (Videolan) on The UPnP "Amazon Fire TV" (dlna). I don't known how to set the NetWorx parameters and the process to get the speed of transfer.

The problem is that after Fire TV installation when a connection is set for a video streaming from UMS to Videolan on Fire TV, I receive, for a video which needs a true 31Mbit/s (1080p), the video is cut off 4/5 of the time connection, waiting for data. This corresponds to a true 6Mbit/s while the wifi is normally capable of 150Mbits/s. I need to find where the problem comes from. Which functions of Networx can help me to find it?

Thanks for help.
Best regards
Trebly
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: How to measure speed connexion between computer and UpNp Wifi device   10 May 2020, 09:23

Unfortunately NetWorx is not able to measure speed between a computer and another device. The reason is that speed measurements require two components that send and receive data: a client and a server. Since there is no server component on the TV, it is not possible to test the speed between your PC and your TV.

Instead you could try using a different WiFi channel or frequency to improve the performance of your network. Here is a third-party guide on how to boost your Wi-Fi signal.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.