Different application usage reports for WiFi and LAN

Started by gennosukenokoga

Different application usage reports for WiFi and LAN   11 September 2020, 21:13

Hi,

Why does Application Usage report show different application item between WiFi connection and LAN connection?
I use LAN for stability and not using WiFi anymore, but I want to keep track about application network usage. The general usage report not have any problem, it show correct traffic usage. I attached screenshot between WiFi and LAN.

Thanks
Attachments:
open | download – wifi.jpg (107.3 KB)
open | download – lan.jpg (54.9 KB)
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Different application usage reports for WiFi and LAN   11 September 2020, 21:42

I am not sure what you mean by the separate screen shots named 'wifi' and 'lan'. The Applications usage reports are complied for each application regardless of the network interface in use.

This is because applications are monitored at a higher level in the networking stack. So you can't choose between WiFi and wired connection when monitoring applications. That is why when you enable the Ignore local traffic within the LAN option (which is required for monitoring applications), the choice of network interface becomes unavailable.

The difference in the reports in your screenshots is most likely because you chose different dates in them. One is for 10/09/2020, and the other is for 11/09/2020.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.