Statistics numbers are too high

Started by null

null

Statistics numbers are too high   01 January 2021, 21:52

When I view monthly usage it says for December 2020: Total 18.5 TB, but when I view the applications statistics it says Total 621 GB. The latter value is more believable. How can I fix that?

Also, sometimes Networx prevents Windows to shut down, I have to forcefully close the program, maybe this has something to do with it.
Thanks.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Statistics numbers are too high   02 January 2021, 12:05

If NetWorx data reports look unrealistically high, please make sure you are monitoring one network interface instead of all interfaces. For that, open the NetWorx settings and choose one specific network interface to monitor.
The reason for it is that when NetWorx is set to monitor all traffic on all network interfaces, it sums it all up (which can include LAN traffic and/or multiple virtual and dial-up adapters), thus resulting in incorrect and very high readings.

Regarding the impeded shutdown, have a look at this forum thread where another user reported and resolved a similar issue. If that doesn't apply to your case, could you please describe your situation in more detail and we will try to find a solution.
null

Re: Statistics numbers are too high   02 January 2021, 19:25

There is no option to select any other network interface, only the onboard NIC. The setting to ignore all local traffic has been active since the very first usage years ago.

Regarding the prevention of shut down: the NetWorx database is stored at the default location, which is SSD, not a USB flash drive. Also, it does not happen every time. I've set in Windows options to clear the pagefile when it shuts down, maybe this interferes with NetWorx.

The latest discrepancy example, in statistics for January: Total 154 GB on the monthly tab, and Total 20 GB on the applications tab.

Thanks.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Statistics numbers are too high   02 January 2021, 21:40

Sorry I am not sure where this discrepancy comes from, but if I may suggest, try our NetGenius tool. It is our latest product, built upon a more modern technology compared to NetWorx, and many customers reported that they have replaced NetWorx with NetGenius.
null

Re: Statistics numbers are too high   02 January 2021, 23:38

OK, I'll give it a try.

I'd like to add that in the hourly rate view NetWorx reports download speeds from 160 MB/s up to 371 MB/s. My NIC is only capable of 1 Gbit/s, and my internet connection is even slower.

Thanks.

SoftPerfect support forum

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.