Password recovery

Started by Howard

Howard

Password recovery   29 May 2021, 14:38

I am using Windows 10 and trying to access the Settings memo in NetWorx. It asks for a password but it doesn't recognize what I thought was my password.

According to the password recovery help page, to recover my password I need to download the SQLiteSpy app and input the file titled %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\SoftPerfect\NetWorx. Where do I find this file? It doesn't seem to be in the NetWorx folder in Program Files.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Password recovery   29 May 2021, 15:00

Please be aware that the database file is in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\SoftPerfect\NetWorx, where %ALLUSERSPROFILE% normally maps to C:\ProgramData, not Program Files!

You can simply enter the full path %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\SoftPerfect\NetWorx in the open file dialog in SQLiteSpy, and it should open the folder for you.

Usually C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder. To display hidden files and folders in Windows 10:
  1. Open the file explorer from the taskbar.
  2. Click View, then Options, then "Change folder and search options".
  3. Go to the View tab, then to Advanced settings.
  4. Select "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" and press OK.
Howard

Re: Password recovery   29 May 2021, 17:40

Thanks for your prompt reply but I'm still having trouble opening the "%allusersprofile%" file. I unhid C:\ProgramData but don't see the "allusersprofile" in the Softperfect/Networx folder just three NetWorx.db, db-shm and db-wal files.

Can you be more explicit regarding what to do? Specifically, in the SQLiteSpy program File menu which option do I use, e.g., New Database, Open Database, Reopen Database, Attach Database, New SQL, Open SQL or should I be doing something else? I used Open Database in the SQLite File menu to open the Networx.db file in ProgramData and I see the config file listed. Then I typed in the upper field in SQLite, SELECT VALUE FROM CONFIG WHERE PARAM = 'UserPass'. Then I hit Enter but the password didn't show up. I tried typing the instruction in the lower field but it still didn't display my password. Am I missing something? Am I typing the SELECT instruction in the right place and what should I do after typing it in?
Howard

Re: Password recovery   29 May 2021, 18:05

I managed to recover my password. Thanks for your help.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Password recovery   31 May 2021, 10:51

I am glad to hear that you recovered the password.

Regarding %ALLUSERSPROFILE%, it is not a file. It is an environment variable that in your case id equal to "C:\ProgramData". Which means that the
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\SoftPerfect\NetWorx path becomes C:\ProgramData\Application Data\SoftPerfect\NetWorx, and that's where you found the DB files.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.