Feature request: Internal updater

Started by patefoniQ

patefoniQ

Feature request: Internal updater   01 July 2021, 16:12

Hi,
I have a small feature request. Is there a possibility to add an internal updater instead of a bare message about a new version? I mean that when I click the message, it redirects to your website, where I need to download the full package and go through the main installer. The nicer option would be clicking an "update now" button and waiting for changing libraries and executable files.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature request: Internal updater   05 July 2021, 15:09

At the moment we don't use automatic updaters. The reason behind it is that we prefer the user to make an informed choice, i.e. to check what has changed and decide whether they wish to update or not. But I do agree, your idea makes sense if we could present three options to keep everyone happy:
  • Don't check for updates.
  • Check for updates and update automatically.
  • Check for updates and let the user know what's new (and then clicking "Update" will download and install the update).
We'll have a look at it and see how this can be done. Again, thanks for the suggestion.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.