Applications and web-sites in Usage Report

Started by David

David

Applications and web-sites in Usage Report   27 August 2021, 18:00

I have NetWorx version 6.2.7 which has the Applications tab in Usage Reports, giving access to data about which applications or web sites used the data. This is invaluable. At one point I upgraded to version 6.2.8 which no longer had that tab. Has the Applications tab been restored in newer versions of NetWorx, or should I keep using 6.2.7?

Thanks,
David
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Applications and web-sites in Usage Report   27 August 2021, 18:09

The Applications tab was never removed - it is still there. In version 6.2.8, we have removed the list of IP addresses (web-sites) because from that version onwards a different type of monitoring is used. It is much more CPU-efficient, but alas cannot track individual IP addresses. So, if you install version 6.2.8 or any newer version, you will have the list of applications, but not web-sites.

If you don't see the Applications tab, please make sure you are using the installer edition. This feature is not present in the portable edition (and never has been).

If you really need the list of web-sites, you can keep using version 6.2.7.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.