'Received' numbers are higher than 'Sent'

Started by Franz

Franz

'Received' numbers are higher than 'Sent'   30 August 2021, 11:17

Greetings.

I am testing NetWorx out as I have been wondering what my computer does while I am logged into Amazon WorkSpaces for work. It's been an eye-opener.

I do have a question, though, please:

When looking at the Applications tab in Usage Report, it looks like the column headings for 'Received' and 'Sent' are the wrong way around. I could be wrong, but when using something like AWS, I would think my downloads would be higher than my uploads, as I am downloading more screen updates than sending text commands. But this is what I see after I worked for 8 hours:
Workspaces: 3 MB in Received, 948 MB in Sent
Firefox: 147 MB in Received, 52 MB in Sent.
Firefox report looks correct, but the Workspaces does not.

Can this be checked to see if the column headings were accidentally switched?
Thank you.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: 'Received' numbers are higher than 'Sent'   30 August 2021, 11:37

This shouldn't be the case, unless the Workspaces application does something tricky like VPN or network traffic tunnelling.

I would recommend downloading a file of a known size with Firefox to see if download and upload numbers are reflected correctly in NetWorx. Then, if the numbers are correct for Firefox, but not for Workspaces, it is likely that there is some kind of tunnelling in AWS. In this case I am afraid we don't have a solution, but you can simply treat download numbers as upload, and vice versa, for Workspaces.

Alternatively please have a look at our NetGenius app. It was designed specifically for monitoring applications and uses a different technology, so it may work better with Workspaces.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.