Upload and Download appear to be reversed

Started by User

User

Upload and Download appear to be reversed   31 August 2021, 16:17

I noticed that the Upload and Download appear to be reversed. How can I swap their order?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Upload and Download appear to be reversed   31 August 2021, 16:23

It is possible that you selected an incorrect interface for SNMP monitoring. Typically a router would expose multiple network interfaces facing the Internet side and the LAN side.

For example, if there are two interfaces, LAN (facing your local network) and WAN (facing the Internet), the traffic direction is opposite on the two of them. When you download something from the Internet, it is incoming on WAN - from the Internet to your router. But at the same time that data is outgoing on LAN - from the router to your computer.

I would recommend trying different SNMP interfaces to see if you can find the one with the correct traffic direction. Alternatively, there is a hidden setting 'Swap upload and download' that allows you swap downloads and uploads.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.