How to protect application from being closed via Task Manager

Started by sumaila71

How to protect application from being closed via Task Manager   19 September 2021, 06:39

If I exit the application via the taskbar, it requires a password, which is perfect for securing the application from unauthorized exit. But I realized that one can exit the application from the task manager without entering a password. Can you please add this feature to ask for a password when exiting the application through the task manager, or block it entirely from exiting the application by force? Thanks.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: How to protect application from being closed via Task Manager   19 September 2021, 07:57

That's just how operating systems work. If an application is killed from the Task Manager, it does not receive any notifications and it cannot refuse to close.

Normally, a workaround for this is revoking user's administrative permissions and running NetWorx under a different user account. In this case the user will not be able to terminate processes of another user.

Alternatively, the system may be configured to disable Task Manager for unprivileged users via the Group Policy Editor (Remove Task Manager policy).

Re: How to protect application from being closed via Task Manager   21 September 2021, 06:42

Thanks for the quick response. I will try to implement the workaround.

Re: How to protect application from being closed via Task Manager   04 February 2022, 03:47

I configured to disable Task Manager for unprivileged users via the Group Policy Editor (Remove Task Manager policy), and it works perfectly. Thanks!

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.