Report and log download and upload speeds per second

Started by Richjard

Richjard

Report and log download and upload speeds per second   27 September 2021, 10:12

Hello ,
I want to monitor my download and upload per second. My Comcast cable is 200Mb/second download and 5Mb/second upload, and I want to check if I ever go over this during the day.

NetWorx graph is perfect for this, but it only provides a picture for 15-20 minutes. I want to be able to track each day how close I have come to the 200Mb DL and 5Mb UL limits. So a daily graph by second would be great, or a report showing max DL and UL per second.

I have tried to do usage reports, and these are great but only show hourly, which gives part of the picture but does not show how the total is distributed over the hour. I have also tried to save graph data to a CSV file (via hidden menu) and this partly works, however if I set the time period to 1 second, I run into failures in writing to the local CSV report (windows speed issue I think). The error says the file is being accessed by another process.

Thank you
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Report and log download and upload speeds per second   27 September 2021, 10:14

NetWorx does not update any stats with 1 second resolution other than the usage graph (and that's for about an hour).

If you really want to know the DL/UL rates every second, then the CSV file option should work. It is likely that the locked file errors are caused by an antivirus product on your system. For example, if NetWorx writes to the file every second and in between the antivirus looks for viruses in it, sooner or later these two processes clash. My recommendation would be to disable real-time virus checking of that CSV file location.

Also, if you simply want to know whether your ISP keeps its promise of 200M/5M line bandwidth, you can run scheduled speed tests every 5 minutes or so. This will keep a log of achieved speeds and ping times.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.