Repeated drops on the graph after changing from bytes to bits

Started by lukalexandre

Repeated drops on the graph after changing from bytes to bits   25 January 2023, 07:38

Graph has a problem: it shows repeated drops and spikes after changing the units from bytes to bits.
Attachments:
open | download – Captura de tela 2023-01-24 183640.png (103.9 KB)
open | download – Captura de tela 2023-01-24 183717.png (104.2 KB)
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Repeated drops on the graph after changing from bytes to bits   25 January 2023, 09:19

It may be specific to your configuration, so if you'd like us to have a look at it, please send us a copy of your config file:
  1. Go to Usage - Backup.
  2. Save it to a DB3 file.
  3. Compress the file to ZIP.
  4. Attach the compressed file to your message.

We would like to have a better look at your case, as in our tests the graphs look correct and identical:

SoftPerfect support forum

Re: Repeated drops on the graph after changing from bytes to bits   25 January 2023, 10:35

I'm monitoring a 10Gbps link and the graph looks buggy. Other slower links are looking normal.

I'm using the latest licensed version of Networx. In old versions of Networx the graph looks normal on the same link.
Attachments:
open | download – backup.zip (9.9 KB)

Re: Repeated drops on the graph after changing from bytes to bits   25 January 2023, 12:31

This seems to have been caused by a 32-bit counter rollover that was not handled correctly. Please try the new build and let us know how it works for you.

Re: Repeated drops on the graph after changing from bytes to bits   25 January 2023, 12:53

Still doesn't work sad
Attachments:
open | download – Captura de tela 2023-01-24 235213.png (136.8 KB)
open | download – Captura de tela 2023-01-24 235235.png (215.2 KB)

Re: Repeated drops on the graph after changing from bytes to bits   25 January 2023, 13:52

Looks like the new build only fixed the problem partially as the spikes present on the MB graph are gone:

We will have another look into the spikes on the Gbit graph - it definitely looks wrong.

Re: Repeated drops on the graph after changing from bytes to bits   25 January 2023, 14:27

When the speed is lower (now it's at 2 Gbit), the graph seems to show everything correctly. When it's 4.5 Gbps or more, the graphics start to glitch.
Attachments:
open | download – Captura de tela 2023-01-25 012843.png (153.9 KB)

Repeated drops on the graph after changing from bytes to bits - Fixed   25 January 2023, 20:50

Indeed, this was caused by another 32-bit integer overflow at 4.2 Gbps mark (2^32). We have just fixed that by using a 64-bit integer.

Please download the new build and let us know how it works for you.

Re: Repeated drops on the graph after changing from bytes to bits - Fixed   25 January 2023, 23:09

Seems to be working normally now.
Attachments:
open | download – Screenshot_2023-01-25-10-00-52-099_com.realvnc.viewer.android.jpg (160.1 KB)

Re: Repeated drops on the graph after changing from bytes to bits - Fixed   26 January 2023, 08:58

Thanks Andrew smile
Attachments:
open | download – Screenshot_2023-01-25-19-55-47-507_com.realvnc.viewer.android.jpg (163 KB)

Re: Repeated drops on the graph after changing from bytes to bits - Fixed   26 January 2023, 15:26

Great, thanks for reporting this issue. The fixes will be included in the next release.
Thank you! I was just going to write about this problem and discovered that the solution is already available. I'm very glad that I looked before writing smile
You are great, as always.
I've been using NetWorx since mid 2000s.

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.