Taskbar icons disappear when Stardock Start11 is used

Started by YANO Takashi

YANO Takashi

Taskbar icons disappear when Stardock Start11 is used   07 March 2023, 18:13

I am using NetWorx 7.1.2 on Windows 10 21H2 64bit, remote desktop. I am also using Stardock Start11.

The problem is that taskbar icon disappears while NetWorx is running. Only the start button is at taskbar, and there is no pinned application icons or running application icons. Is there any way to resolve this?

The problem may be due to the combination of NetWorx and Start11.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Taskbar icons disappear when Stardock Start11 is used   08 March 2023, 10:19

It looks like Start11 is not compatible with NetWorx taskbar graph. Once we installed Start 11 and ran it alongside NetWorx, it led to odd animations and a constant taskbar resize loop. This is likely because both apps directly manipulate the taskbar and its elements, due to Microsoft's crippling taskbar functionality in the latest versions of Windows.

However unticking Display Speed in Taskbar option seems to make everything work fine. So if you have any issues with NetWorx and Start 11, please try disabling this feature in NetWorx menu:

SoftPerfect support forum

Taskbar icons disappear when Stardock Start11 is used - Solved   13 March 2023, 16:52

I am using Start11 with NetWorx without "display speed in taskbar" and the problem is gone.

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.