- Added: custom regular expression patterns for matching and highlighting the data displayed in columns.
- Added: the ability to set and clear custom row highlighting for faster distinguishing of important information displayed in rows.
- Added: credentials tags for efficient identification and use of saved credentials in scripts and external applications.
- Improved: redesigned credential manager, with added columns and sorting functionality.
- Improved: EXE files are now dynamically based, which ensures their compatibility with Data Execution Prevention (DEP).
- Fixed: index of bounds error and subsequent crash that occurred at re-scanning of a single column.
- Fixed: incorrect MAC addresses that were displayed when scanning external subnets.
- Added: automatic SMTP settings.
- Added: fetching SSL certificate details.
- Added: import/export of credentials.
- Fixed: crash in HTTP banner detection.
- Added: dark theme support on Windows 10/11.
- Improved: displaying new device count in icon overlay.
- Improved: reading installed apps from 32-bit registry.
- Fixed: missing V3UserName in SNMP script object.
- Improved: safe sharing of the portable edition over the network.
- Improved: independent font settings for columns and data.
- Improved: retention of the sorting order.
- Improved: number of user filters increased to 10.
- Fixed: import of CSV files with unquoted values.
- Fixed: DHCP discovery on macOS.
- Added: basic filter editing for saved filters.
- Fixed: reading non-Latin chars from console programs.
- Fixed: rare crash when deleting nodes with enabled Live Display.
- Changed: minimum OS version is now macOS 10.8 or Windows 7.
- Changed: removed dependency on OpenSSL for sending e-mails.
- Added: WS-Discovery support to locate services in a local network.
- Added: separate setting for maximum number of threads in live display.
- Added: scan result export to SQLite database for further processing.
- Improved: UPnP discovery allows to scan detected devices and shows device type.
- Improved: scanning for shares on macOS detects disk space, writability and security.
- Fixed: filter display in the recent list if only one filter was defined.
- Fixed: applications sorting order when a new item is added.
- Fixed: resolution of non-ASCII computer names.
- Improved: list headings appearance on macOS.
- Fixed: speed degradation in text search.
- Fixed: configuration file import from version 6.x.
- Fixed: settings getting lost after minimisation to the notification area.
- Fixed: IPv6 addresses are now quoted in brackets for external apps.
- Fixed: opening of applications using keyboard hot keys.
- Fixed: sorting of applications and unintended duplication of items.
- Fixed: missing applications for browsing shared folders (with %1).
- Added: macOS support, the application is now almost entirely cross-platform.
- Added: new SMB library for accessing shared folders independently of Windows API.
- Changed: new JSON, XML and regex parsers may use slightly different expression syntax.
- Changed: significant internal changes and optimisations, faster application start and operation.
- Added: SNMPv3 support in router MAC address discovery.
- Added: option to include/exclude ports in Nmap scans.
- Added: new menu for creating instant filters from scan results.
- Added: active filter applied during scanning.
- Fixed: vanishing shares when saving and excluding unrelated columns.
- Added: quick search for devices in WOL manager.
- Added: host name auto-collection in WOL manager.
- Improved: startup time and overall scan performance.
- Fixed: controls misalignment on high resolutions.
- Fixed: crash caused by live display log pointing to an invalid location.
- Added: wildcard support in Equal/Not Equal filters.
- Added: new regex filter for advanced filtering of results.
- Added: new menu item to remove all inactive devices at once.
- Improved: discovered devices can now be deleted during scanning.
- Improved: a number of smaller enhancements in the user interface.
- Added: new repetitions display settings: As Is, Fold and Hide.
- Added: AES-192 and AES-256 ciphers support in SNMPv3.
- Fixed: occasional erroneous characters in OIDs fetched via SNMP.
- Fixed: occasional division by zero error during SNMPv3 time sync.
- Changed: Windows 7 is now the minimum required OS version.
- Added: search for alternate paths in remote registry using wildcard queries.
- Added: built-in registry browser for a quick lookup of paths and parameters.
- Added: navigator in Help menu to quickly find a setting or command.
- Improved: new system-independent implementation of HTTP and HTTPS access.
- Improved: suppression of domain resolution messages when using command line.
- Added: full UTF-8 support in SNMP replies for handling non-ASCII characters.
- Added: use of mDNS and SNMP for device name resolution when everything else fails.
- Added: a button in the save dialog for choosing columns in text, CSV and HTML export.
- Added: variables %0 (IP address) and %1 (MAC address) octets of which can be used in SNMP OID.
- Added: built-in SNMP scripting object for custom queries to any SNMP-capable device.
- Fixed: column regex use when referring to scripting columns from a script.
- Fixed: trailing commas are no longer written to CSV files at the end of each line.
- Added: quick filter in friendly names, bookmarks and display filters.
- Added: secure WMI connection support for accessing restricted namespaces.
- Improved: downloading OUI.TXT mappings file for NIC vendor lookup.
- Fixed: columns losing hidden status when their settings were changed.
- Fixed: crash when closing and aborting scan with Live Display on.
- Added: quick filter in credential manager and third-party applications.
- Added: quick filter in Remote WMI, SSH, SNMP, etc and virtual columns.
- Added: command to start/stop background scan (Live Display) on demand.
- Added: export of results to a file upon completion of each Live Display round.
- Improved: permit device deletion when Live Display is running.
- Improved: saving/loading multi-clause filters and their UI layout.
- Added: frozen columns support under the View main menu item.
- Added: XPath Query Builder for Remote XML and Nmap Integration features.
- Added: multiline display mode for long strings.
- Added: incremental search across output columns.
- Added: process class in scripting for handling output of console applications.
- Added: integration with Nmap with OS detection, vulnerability scans and much more.
- Added: configurable background colour and text colour in column headers.
- Added: custom e-mail sender in e-mail settings.
- Added: drag-n-drop of computers from Windows Explorer's Network to Network Scanner's main view.
- Improved: virtual columns can now be used as keys for mapping friendly names.
- Improved: live notifications expanded to four types (online, offline, new MAC, changed IP).
- Improved: retention of column metadata and width when changing multi-column items.
- Improved: output of scripted columns made available to the scripts themselves.
- Improved: MAC address resolution via SNMP, added SNMPv2c and IPv6 address support.
- Improved: column limit of each type increased from 10 to 50, the /maxcols switch abolished.
- Improved: rescanning limited to the target column when rescanning a column in multi-column group.
- Added: implemented [*] as array index in JSON query.
- Added: regex replacement support for column data.
- Added: support for NPcap without WinPCap compatibility installed.
- Improved: friendly names can now map to any column.
- Added: configurable delay between live display rescan rounds.
- Added: setting to show filtered/online/offline devices in the status bar.
- Added: MIB browser for easy OID selection in SNMP queries.
- Added: Windows Server 2019 support.
- Added: Remote JSON feature for retrieving and parsing JSON responses from network devices.
- Added: access to Redfish Scalable Platforms Management built on top of Remote JSON.
- Added: Portuguese (Brazil) as a supported UI language.
- Added: HTTPS protocol support in Remote XML.
- Added: WMI monitor information example script.
- Added: DNS resolver object for use in scripts.
- Added: Dutch and Swedish UI languages.
- Improved: all graphics and icons are now vector images and scale to any DPI on high-resolution displays.
- Changed: when rescanning, virtual columns dependent regular columns are automatically updated and vice versa.
- Fixed a startup error when non-English user interface was selected.
- Fixed an issue when loading a config with higher than standard column count.
- Added UI languages: French, Norwegian, Italian, Spanish.
- Fixed a software exception on Windows XP.
- Added displaying Time to live (TTL) for ping.
- Added filter management with favourite filters.
- Added an option to lookup NetBIOS names only.
- Added UI languages: German, Czech, Chinese, Japanese.
- In console mode show UI messages and prompts in the console.
- Fixed occasional "Cannot register tab" error.
- Added synchronous I/O cancellation for faster thread stopping.
- Added multilingual user interface support (more languages to come).
- Added "Mark All/None" in visible columns setup.
- Added configurable font styles in column display settings.
- Added support of column reference in column value highlight.
- Fixed poor drawing performance issue in older 7.0.x versions.
- Added terminal sessions enumeration under the Additional tab.
- Added a choice of "all", "selected" and "displayed" devices to save.
- Added shared folder comment display next to workstation comment.
- Added [Eye] button to reveal passwords and removed the /openpass switch.
- Added faster multi-threaded live scan to replace old single-threaded one.
- Fixed a display issue with apps user prompts and MAC address SNMP settings.
- Added built-in Telnet object that can be used in scripting.
- Added key-based authentication for Remote SSH connections.
- Added a way to choose custom colours in row and column highlight.
- Added a way to disregard names among logged users or user accounts.
- Added a way to access column values from a script and a usage example.
- Added JScript support in addition to VBScript under Remote Scripting.
- Added auto-complete features in the script editor (Ctrl+Space to invoke).
- Added improved script debugging with user input prompted on the go.
- Added keeping sort order when a device is discovered in Live Display.
- Added quick access from columns related to the global settings.
- Added virtual columns to manipulate values from other columns.
- Added exporting per share security information in HTML report.
- Added wildcard support in remote registry for broad value search.
- Added quick access to column queries (right-click column heading).
- Added looking up MAC addresses through WMI.
- Added SNMP Context Name support in SNMPv3.
- Improved display of SNMP v1/v2c/v3 responses in a uniform way.
- Improved free-form IP address input now accepts reversed ranges.
- Fixed sorting that didn't take into account regular expressions.
- Fixed showing tree context menu when the key was used instead of mouse.
- Fixed choosing visible columns in Scan Comparison with reordered columns.
- Enhanced Visible Columns dialog to show formatting and reorder multiple columns
- Enhanced public IP address detection to obtain both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.
- Added showing highest IP address for input in CIDR notation.
- Added copy command in Detect Address dialog.
- Added entering scan information from a string.
- Added Remote Scripting - execute VBScript against remote devices.
- Added default items for uptime in Remote Performance and WMI.
- Minor user interface fixes for systems with high DPI screens.
- The Network Scanner is now commercial software. To facilitate its further development, we introduced a licence fee.
- Added viewing and saving discarded lines to a file during IP address import.
- Added automatic caching of successful logins to speed-up scanning.
- Added preview and customisable filters for Active Directory import.
- Added passing PowerShell scripts as Base-64 to wrap DOS-unfriendly symbols.
- Added new expressions "Less than" and "Greater than" to the filter conditions.
- Added conditional column highlighting if a row value meets a specific criterion.
- Added a list of disregarded account names in User and Group Membership queries.
- Added a simple Yes/No test for file or folder existence in Remote Files.
- Added large toolbar and menu icons for systems with screen DPI of 192 or more.
- Fixed an issue with saving columns order as in some cases they weren't remembered.
- Added create/modify/access time retrieval in Remote Files.
- Added getting host names from a DNS server for offline nodes.
- Fixed quoting variables if those are used within quotes already.
- Fixed the tab key to go through filters in addition to IP editors.
- Added installation package as a form of distribution in addition to the portable build.
- Added workaround for using Win10Pcap in duplicate IP finder due to an incompatibility.
- Added /openpass command line switch to reveal stored passwords within the UI.
- Added downloading sanitised OUI.TXT from LinuxNet.CA rather than the IEEE web-site.
- Fixed initialisation of NIC and port databases if they were enabled just before rescan.
- Added a last-seen time column similar to what previously was scan-time.
- Added showing adapter name next to responses received from DHCP servers.
- Fixed taking filter into account when automatically saving to the MRU file.
- Added choosing what columns are retained when a device goes off-line.
- Added extracting serial and model from EDID descriptors in monitor info.
- Added a PowerShell option that allows not to load the current user's profile.
- Added showing how long a device has been on-line/off-line under Last Scan Time.
- Fixed a crash message if a device was deleted from the main view while scanning.
- Added combined option not to scan network and broadcast addresses.
- Added a progress bar when checking if device is up on launching a command.
- Added showing current config name in the title bar when using an external file.
- Added optional comment field to each user name in the credential manager.
- Added an option to show the bookmark name that displayed IP address falls into.
- Fixed maintaining row order when copying to the clipboard and creating a batch file.
- Fixed string sorting in columns, which also fixes reporting TCP port numbers in order.
- Fixed Live Display handling of a CIDR adress range as wrong addresses were scanned.
- Fixed issues in UI: remote items selection, use the "device" term instead of "computer".
- Changed logged-on user retrieval from Win32_LoggedOnUser to Win32_ComputerSystem.
- Fixed a PSCredential authentication error in Remote PowerShell.
- Fixed WMI parser that failed on statemements containing the WHERE clause.
- Fixed Live Display and Rescanning when duplicate IP addresses were present.
- Added getting a list of logged-on users via WMI if all other methods fail.
- Added automatic encoding detection when parsing a HTML page in Remote XML.
- Added a new Rescan option to rescan both listed and undiscovered computers.
- Added a Scan Comparison tool to highlight differences between any two scans.
- Added the Remote SSH feature to execute commands in a shell.
- Added JSON support on command line to enable export to JSON.
- Added support of host names as a target in the WOL manager.
- Added measuring round trip time for ARP-discovered devices.
- Added an option to show succeeded ping type, i.e. ICMP or ARP.
- Fixed text export output with aligned space-padded columns.
- Fixed occasional empty MAC addresses shown in the output.
- Fixed a crash if the config was corrupted, instead recreate it.
- Added probing UDP ports 1434-MSSQL and 1812-RADIUS.
- Fixed occasional empty MAC addresses shown in the output.
- Fixed painting the progress bar to make the resize grip visible.
- Fixed indicating progress when rescanning a specifc column on selected devices.
- Fixed minimised launch and respecting the Minimise to the Notification Area setting.
- Fixed asking to download the service mapping DB when the TCP port scan option was turned off.
- Added showing column visibility setup if no columns are visible.
- Added using GET method instead of HEAD for grabbing HTTP banners.
- Added a CIDR-to-range button to change address range representation.
- Added saving results to a JSON file in addition to XML, CSV, HTML and text.
- Added highlighting new devices found in live scan and scan for new devices.
- Added all/v4/v6 options for the /range switch to enable automatic detection.
- Fixed an Invalid Pointer Operation error when using live display for a long time.
- Added CIDR notation input for IPv4 and IPv6 in addition to ranges.
- Added parsing of IPv4 and IPv6 CIDR notation in IP/Hostname import.
- Added Remote PowerShell support to run scripts on remote computers.
- Added an option to allow ARP outside current subnet.
- Added adapter name in the auto detection dialog.
- Added official Windows 10 support.
- Added menu items for nested bookmarks to apply bookmarks as a group.
- Added showing the contents of a regex capture group rather than a match itself.
- Added basic HTTP authentication support for Remote XML to access protected devices.
- Fixed stripping control characters that could leak into columns. Improved saving columns.
- Fixed crash on systems not supporting IPv6 where IPv6 related options were enabled.
- Fixed crash when launched from a task scheduler with no visible desktop and taskbar.
- Fixed an issue with MAC-based friendly names during rescanning and adding new names.
- Fixed sending ARP requests outside current subnet to resolve MAC addresses.
- Fixed using old IP addresses in DHCP Discovery and the IP detection dialog.
- Added support for multiple ranges on the /range command line switch.
- Added checkmarks allowing to show/hide third-party applications.
- Added a built-in credential manager and "try-all-logins" feature.
- Added password encryption in config files (except SNMP passwords).
- Added a custom font option for the main view in the settings.
- Added an option to strip domain names out of group membership output.
- Added sorting and rearranging bookmarks in the bookmark manager.
- Fixed XML parser error with multiple nodes in UPnP discovery.
- Fixed import errors with host names that contain dashes.
- Fixed painting odd/even rows and loading in-folder config files.
- Fixed transposing default WOL address when converting old config.
- Added service name lookup to display a service name rather than port number.
- Added a progress indicator in downloading MAC address and service definitions.
- Added DHCPv6 server discovery and their AD status.
- Fixed friendly names conversion from the previous version.
- Fixed application variables conversion from the previous version.
- Fixed an issue when scanning for LAN group and NetBios was used.
- Added complete IPv6 support: a range scan and neighbour discovery.
- Added authentication when enumerating shares, not only when testing writability.
- Added getting a list of installed applications read from the registry.
- Heaps of tweaks and fixes throughout the application.
- Added automatic OUI.txt downloading and updating for NIC vendor lookup.
- Added reading registry via WMI if the Remote Registry service is not available.
- Added domain names displayed with user names in local group membership query.
- Added detecting external IP address from LAN address detection dialog.
- Fixed reading EDID monitor info via the Remote Registry service.
- Fixed freeze when launched from a task scheduler via a batch file.
- Fixed passing redundant quotes when using column name in user-prompted parameters.
- Fixed quoting variables and already quoted strings passed to third party applications.
- Fixed showing wrong glyph on Scan button under high DPI.
- Fixed broken UDP based services detection (DNS, TFTP, NBNS, NTP).
- Fixed showing any message boxes if launched without a visible desktop.
- Added import/export of variables used with third party applications.
- Shutdown and powering off LAN computers made multi-threaded for faster operation.
- Fixed reading info from the remote registry (local values were reported instead).
- Fixed replacing ":" with "=" in default values for a user-prompted parameters.
- Fixed transposing IP address octets when when importing old bookmarks.
- Fixed duplicate MAC address detection (not all addresses were shown).
- Added advanced filter on share level in addition to device level.
- Fixed loading share folder security information from a previously saved XML file.
- Fixed checking for double-assignment for empty shortcuts in the settings.
- Added comments for IP address ranges in the IP pane and the bookmarks.
- Added the /merge command line switch to join output with a text file.
- Added a scan for checking if a key exists in the Remote Registry.
- Added copying a script to the clipboard in the batch file creator.
- Added duplicate IP address discovery in the current subnet.
- Added natural sorting order for strings that contain numbers.
- Added regex parsing to the remote XML feature to parse HTML or any text output.
- Added checking for duplicates in the WOL manager (duplicates are no longer allowed).
- Added e-mail alerts in the live log to track joining and leaving devices.
- Added Windows high DPI awareness for high-resolution displays.
- Added multiselection for copying and deleting third-party applications.
- Added reading EDID data via WMI and fixed reading it from the registry.
- Added reordering IP address ranges with mouse drag and drop.
- Added Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2 into detected systems.
- Added performance counters query for various live system data.
- Fixed a memory leak in WMI scan when obtaining unit qualifiers.
- Fixed filter value disappearance when changing filtered columns.
- Added reading and displaying binary data from the registry.
- Added importing and exporting thid-party applications list.
- Added "OR" filters in addition to "AND" for multicolumn filters.
- Added trimming whitespace around hyphens when importing IP address ranges.
- Added a Test button in the WQL builder to facilitate quick testing of WMI queries.
- Added a system beep when no audio file name is provided in the live log notifications.
- Added filter by shared resource type (read only, writable, printer, administrative share).
- Added regular expression filters in columns to enable partial data extraction and manipulation.
- Added computing effective rights rather than share-level rights when scanning for shares security.
- Fixed incorrect row highlighting for unique/non-unique filters.
- Added remembering custom LDAP URL for importing computers from AD.
- Excluded x.x.x.0 address from being treated as a broadcast address.
- Excluded disabled IP ranges when scanning previously undiscovered computers.
- Rescanning existing entries and previously undiscovered items made cancellable.
- Fixed painting custom column text colour in selected lines for better readability.
- Made launching third-party apps relative to netscan's location, not the current directory.
- Added displaying byte/kilobyte/megabyte values received from WMI in a readable form.
- Added folding repetitions for multiple values in a column (this can be turned off if it's needed)
- Added updating router MAC address cache before rescanning existing or discovering new devices.
- Added import/export of friendly names and mixed friendly name mappings (IP or MAC or host name).
- Fixed retaining filter to use the latest filtering condition and saving value for non-value filters.
- Added retrieving HKEY_CURRENT_USER from a remote registry.
- Added double reverse lookup to check reverse/forward name resolution.
- Added SID (Windows Security Identifier) lookup for logged on users.
- Added a small removable ad featuring another our product Switch Port Mapper.
- Filters can now refer to another column and can be preserved between sessions.
- Added remapping keyboard shortcuts for any action.
- Added FTP banner grabbing in addition to HTTP one.
- Added importing computers from Active Directory.
- Added partial rescan in the popup menu in the main view.
- Added trivial auto completion when entering IP addresses.
- Added missing Remote File menu item and fixed a minor drawing issue.
- Replaced custom drawn toolbar controls with Windows native look-and-feel.
- Added recognising Windows NT 6.2 as Windows 8/Windows Server 2012.
- Added retaining even/odd row colour and filter highlight when exporting to HTML.
- Added creating filters for more than one column and multicolumn highlighting.
- Improved the options and bookmarks dialogs as they were made resizeable.
- Added packet loss and ping jitter aka packet delay variation testing.
- Added attaching to console and printing progress when running in the hidden mode.
- Added full SNMPv3 support and user-selectable SNMP version to use.
- Added bookmark drag-n-drop in the bookmark manager.
- Added a warning if closing the application while scan is in progress.
- Added automatic saving to the most recent file in addition to automatic load.
- Fixed passing parameters in double braces when no user-prompted parameters were present.
- Added reading MAC addresses from the ARP cache if sending an ARP request fails.
- Made several dialog boxes suppressible with an option not to show them again.
- Allowed to create batch files without %0 and %1 placeholders.
- Fixed looking up friendly names and NIC vendors when using different MAC address formatting.
- Added duplicate MAC address detection and a unique/non unique filter.
- Added device deletion in the main view and drag-and-drop in the bookmark manager.
- Fixed filtering out entries containing the string <empty> when an Empty/NotEmpty filter is used.
- Added a checkbox to enable/disable IP ranges.
- Added assigning host names as friendly names when sending a batch of MACs to WOL manager.
- Added a host properties dialog shown as a table where columns become rows.
- Added multiple TCP port groups selection.
- Fixed reading product version from remote files.
- Fixed reading OUI file as IEEE has changed its format.