File System Notification Kit
Monitor file and folder activity
The File System Notification Kit (FSNK) allows you to monitor file activity in real time. Your application will receive a notification whenever a folder is accessed or a file is read or modified. These notifications can be used for monitoring and auditing. For every operation, notifications contain a status code, user ID, path and metadata. Monitoring of shared folders and UNC paths is also supported.
- Generates notifications for every file operation: create, open, read, write, move, link.
- Monitors reads and changes of metadata, security info and attributes.
- Works with all hard disk, CD and network file systems supported by the OS.
- Supports both DOS-style and native file names.
- Collects statistics and performance information.
- Features built-in high-speed filters for including/excluding certain operations.
- Offers a set of low-level I/O and file manipulation API functions.
1.0 (10 April 2014)
Windows XP SP2 through Windows 8,
Windows Server 2003 through 2012
32-bit and 64-bit
Free demo version
Demo truncates the last 3 characters in captured file names
Installer, size: 713K
Installer, size: 722K