- Added regex parsing to the remote XML feature to parse HTML or any text output.
- Added checking for duplicates in the WOL manager (duplicates are no longer allowed).
- Added e-mail alerts in the live log to track joining and leaving devices.
- Added Windows high DPI awareness for high-resolution displays.
- Added multiselection for copying and deleting third-party applications.
- Added reading EDID data via WMI and fixed reading it from the registry.
- Added reordering IP address ranges with mouse drag and drop.
- Added Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2 into detected systems.
- Added performance counters query for various live system data.
- Fixed a memory leak in WMI scan when obtaining unit qualifiers.
- Fixed filter value disappearance when changing filtered columns.
- Added reading and displaying binary data from the registry.
- Added importing and exporting thid-party applications list.
- Added "OR" filters in addition to "AND" for multicolumn filters.
- Added trimming whitespace around hyphens when importing IP address ranges.
- Added a Test button in the WQL builder to facilitate quick testing of WMI queries.
- Added a system beep when no audio file name is provided in the live log notifications.
- Added filter by shared resource type (read only, writable, printer, administrative share).
- Added regular expression filters in columns to enable partial data extraction and manipulation.
- Added computing effective rights rather than share-level rights when scanning for shares security.
- Fixed incorrect row highlighting for unique/non-unique filters.
- Added remembering custom LDAP URL for importing computers from AD.
- Excluded x.x.x.0 address from being treated as a broadcast address.
- Excluded disabled IP ranges when scanning previously undiscovered computers.
- Rescanning existing entries and previously undiscovered items made cancellable.
- Fixed painting custom column text colour in selected lines for better readability.
- Made launching third-party apps relative to netscan's location, not the current directory.
- Added displaying byte/kilobyte/megabyte values received from WMI in a readable form.
- Added folding repetitions for multiple values in a column (this can be turned off if it's needed)
- Added updating router MAC address cache before rescanning existing or discovering new devices.
- Added import/export of friendly names and mixed friendly name mappings (IP or MAC or host name).
- Fixed retaining filter to use the latest filtering condition and saving value for non-value filters.
- Added retrieving HKEY_CURRENT_USER from a remote registry.
- Added double reverse lookup to check reverse/forward name resolution.
- Added SID (Windows Security Identifier) lookup for logged on users.
- Added a small removable ad featuring another our product Switch Port Mapper.
- Filters can now refer to another column and can be preserved between sessions.
- Added remapping keyboard shortcuts for any action.
- Added FTP banner grabbing in addition to HTTP one.
- Added importing computers from Active Directory.
- Added partial rescan in the popup menu in the main view.
- Added trivial auto completion when entering IP addresses.
- Added missing Remote File menu item and fixed a minor drawing issue.
- Replaced custom drawn toolbar controls with Windows native look-and-feel.
- Added recognising Windows NT 6.2 as Windows 8/Windows Server 2012.
- Added retaining even/odd row colour and filter highlight when exporting to HTML.
- Added creating filters for more than one column and multicolumn highlighting.
- Improved the options and bookmarks dialogs as they were made resizeable.
- Added packet loss and ping jitter aka packet delay variation testing.
- Added attaching to console and printing progress when running in the hidden mode.
- Added full SNMPv3 support and user-selectable SNMP version to use.
- Added bookmark drag-n-drop in the bookmark manager.
- Added a warning if closing the application while scan is in progress.
- Added automatic saving to the most recent file in addition to automatic load.
- Fixed passing parameters in double braces when no user-prompted parameters were present.
- Added reading MAC addresses from the ARP cache if sending an ARP request fails.
- Made several dialog boxes suppressible with an option not to show them again.
- Allowed to create batch files without %0 and %1 placeholders.
- Fixed looking up friendly names and NIC vendors when using different MAC address formatting.
- Added duplicate MAC address detection and a unique/non unique filter.
- Added device deletion in the main view and drag-and-drop in the bookmark manager.
- Fixed filtering out entries containing the string <empty> when an Empty/NotEmpty filter is used.
- Added a checkbox to enable/disable IP ranges.
- Added assigning host names as friendly names when sending a batch of MACs to WOL manager.
- Added a host properties dialog shown as a table where columns become rows.
- Added multiple TCP port groups selection.
- Fixed reading product version from remote files.
- Fixed reading OUI file as IEEE has changed its format.
- Added support for host names import.
- Added manual entering IP addresses, ranges and host names (via File - Import).
- Added /live command line switch.
- Added a browse button for user-prompted application parameters containing the "file" and "path" tokens.
- Added creating subnet specific broadcast IP address when adding a device to WOL list from scan result.
- Added showing configurable parameters used for MAC address lookup.
- Added a list of ports to grab HTTP banners from.
- Added custom text colour and background colour for individual columns (right-click a column header).
- Added variable parts in path in the remote files.
- Fixed NIC vendor lookup with new MAC address formats.
- Fixed stack overflow when application variables had similar names.
- Added bookmark multi-selection and import/export to a CSV file.
- Added noncontiguous IP address range import.
- Added import IP address list into IP input controls.
- Added most recently used filters under Quick Filter Hosts.
- Display friendly names as early as possible during scanning.
- Fixed stripping line breaks when reading remote registry values.
- Retain filter value when changing filter criterion.
- Added referencing any column when creating a batch file.
- Added appending/replacing and selecting multiple interfaces when detecting IP address range.
- Added MAC address format setting.
- Added nested global application variables support.
- Added user-configurable CSV separator and file encoding.
- Discover Intel AMT clients when doing HTTP banner grabs.
- Fixed AV in the WOL manager when nothing was selected.
- SNMP community string and additional target routers made configurable in MAC address lookup.
- Added UDP port 137 NetBios Name Service (NBNS) discovery.
- Added a user warning when launching a command against hidden selection.
- Added nested custom applications (menu items can be grouped and nested).
- Added noncontiguous range interpretation to the /range parameter.
- Added appending bookmarks to the current address range when Ctrl is held.
- Non-ASCII characters in SNMP response string displayed as binary.
- Respect user column order when copying entire line or saving to a file.
- Added /maxcols command line switch.
- Added folder size retrieval on remote shared folders.
- Added vendor-specific XML retrieval via HTTP and parsing.
- Added random scan order feature (deceiving IDS/firewalls).
- Grabbing HTTP banner from ports 80, 443 (HTTPS), 3128 and 8080.
- Added showing number of selected computers.
- Fixed uptime retrieval for Vista and certain Windows Server editions.
- Added default parameters for user prompts.
- Added compact view for multiple IP address range input.
- Application executables are now digitally signed.
- Added asynchronous TCP port scanning as it's much faster than previous implementation.
- Sending WOL packet to a broadcast address now works correctly on multihomed machines.
- Sets of TCP ports can now be grouped and have a description.
- Allowed the same user-prompt parameter to be repeated more than once when launching third party applications.
- Added network messaging via terminal services API.
- Added auto-resize columns on header divider double click.
- Added a watchdog timer that kills stalled threads when max run-time is set.
- Added on demand forced thread termination.
- Added global variables support for third-party applications.
- Fixed invalid pointer operation when interrupting scan with the /auto switch.
- Fixed saving third-party applications and other Base-64 encoded data to INI file.
- Added wildcards support to the remote file discovery.
- Added an option to save login info in shutdown and suspend dialogs.
- Added local and global group membership discovery.
- Fixed populating 10th column when multicolumn queries are used.
- Added rearranging objects with drag and drop (WMI, SNMP, services, files and registry entries).
- Added 64-bit build. Now the application comes in 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- Added using NetBios when looking up server roles if available.
- Fixed positioning application on an auxiliary monitor.
- Added even/odd row colouring and filter matches highlight.
- Added SMB protocol probe that improves reliability when resolving host name, domain membership, remote time and OS type.
- Fixed reading REG_MULTI_SZ values from the registry that ended up with garbled characters.
- Added decoding and displaying WMI arrays rather than just displaying "Array".
- Added namespace support for WMI, so that namespaces other than CIMV2 can be used.
- Added thread max run-time parameter to gracefully terminate stalled threads.
- When the live display is enabled it now also comes on after rescanning a loaded file.
- Disabled registry redirection so that on 64-bit Windows systems a 64-bit registry view is read.
- Added arranging user-defined applications.
- It is now possible to specify a URL as a user-defined application.
- It is now possible to pass values containing braces, e.g. a GUID to third-party applications.
- Added substitute variables to have date/time values in output file name.
- Respecting columns order specified in the /cols command-line switch.
- Added a HTTP banner grabbing feature to quickly identify web-server software.
- Added a separate option to determine shared folders free and total disk space.
- Added logging live display events to a file with all active columns contents logged.
- Added passing live log columns values to a third-party application launched upon events.
- Added minimisation to the notification area.
- Added handling SNMP exceptions previously reported as unknown type.
- Improved File - Import IP Address List command. It now understands IP address ranges and address/mask notations.
- Fixed failure to load a configuration file passed via command line if any other additional switch was present.
- Not using user name and password when sending a WMI query to the local host.
- Added UDP port scan for network time protocol (NTP) listeners.
- Added Universal Plug and Play device discovery that detects UPnP compatible devices in your network.
- Added /load command-line switch to load and optionally rescan a XML resultset.
- Added options to play a sound and launch a program in the live log.
- Added menu items to copy and save items from the live log view.
- SNMP query now takes into account ping timeout and retry count. This should speed up SNMP queries against not responding devices.
- Added the /file command line switch to source a set of IP addresses to scan from a file.
- Fixed DHCP discovery as it failed to reuse a port if it has already been allocated to another process.
- Improved WMI query builder performance when retrieving class example values.
- Fixed failure to discover DHCP servers on a Windows Vista/7 multihomed machine.
- Entries in the WOL manager can now be edited via a popup menu.
- Added sorting bookmarks by column header click.
- Now using a different method to obtain a list of authorised DHCP servers from AD. This should eliminate an obscure crash when doing DHCP discovery.
- Showing a list of all AD-authorised DHCP servers under replied DHCP servers.
- Added support for multiple communities within a single SNMP query.
- Added an option to display replied community when for a SNMP query.
- Added a few more default WMI queries to retrieve system part number, model name, serial number and asset tag.
- Filter now applies to off-line devices as well (previously applied to on-line devices only).
- Shared resources are no longer automatically exported unless specified explicitly with the /cols switch.
- Added auto-open the most recent file option.
- When launching a third-party application bring up the elevation prompt where necessary.
- Added noncontiguous IP address range scan mode (see help for details).
- Added monitor vendor, model and serial number retrieval.
- Added live display log showing computers joined and left the network.
- Fixed incorrect saving of multiple TCP ports, broken bookmark management and a few other minor issues.
- Improved WOL manager that allows to specify a custom IP/port for each wake-up target.
- Fixed incorrect SNMP uptime retrieval when a target host has been running over 100 days.
- Fixed incorrect SNMP string display where an ASCII string containing CR/LF was represented as a hex sequence.
- SNMP uptime column is now sorted properly as a number, not as string.
- Added multirange IP scan support (several different subnets can be scanned at once).
- Fixed DHCP module that mistakenly requested name server (option 5) instead of DNS server (option 6).
- Minor user interface fixes for systems with large fonts enabled.
- When scanning for shared folders administrative shares are no longer shown (reverted to version 4.x behaviour).
- Fixed 'argument out of range' message when scanning for shared folders.
- Fixed a bug in SNMP MAC address discovery. A MAC addresses could mistakenly be understood as IP address.
- Added showing used/free disk space for shared folders.
- Added copy/paste in remote registry, services, files, WMI and SNMP dialogs.
- Fixed broken authentication when running workstation scans.
- Fixed incorrect filtering of administrative shares.
- Fully reworked core with full support of Unicode. Now the application should have fewer troubles in a multilingual environment.
- Multicolumn SNMP queries. Now you can run several SNMP queries at once with results going to separate columns.
- More reliable domain name, host name and logged user detection. If the standard methods fail, it uses NetBios to grab this data.
- More reliable uptime retrieval. Previously it could have incorrectly displayed "None" as the uptime.
- New command to selectively rescan certain columns on the display rather than performing a complete rescan.
- Improved performance on large networks, although gains should also be noticeable even on home ones.
- Reports the authorised/unauthorised status of found DHCP servers based on their registration in the Active Directory.
- Various UI enhancements and fixes throughout the application.
- Added bookmark grouping (bookmarks can be organised in groups by using a vertical bar in its name).
- Added product version and file CRC32 checksum to the properties retrieved from remote files.
- Added DHCP server discovery / rogue server detection.
- Added basic UDP port scan: DNS and TFTP servers discovery.
- Added a workaround in ARP address discovery based on querying SNMP capable gateway (some routers returned malformed data).
- Fixed sorting by friendly name in the WOL manager.
- If launched from a HDD, but the folder contains a XML/INI configuration file, the application will use it instead of the registry.
- Added horizontal/vertical grid lines shown in the tree. Improved main window positioning.
- Added F2 shortcut to quickly assign comments/friendly names.
- Fixed ignored 'ping broadcast addresses' option when scanning previously undiscovered nodes.
- Added parameter substitution for any column when launching third-party applications.
- Fixed doubling bookmarks when loading an external configuration file.
- Fixed inability to launch 64-bit applications in %SystemRoot% such as mstsc.exe (remote desktop client).
- Added a tool for creating batch files to run a command against multiple computers. This can be used to update files or remote registry, configure services, etc.
- Added WOL manager button on the toolbar.
- Improved sorting in third-party applications in the options.
- Added passing host name to a third party application as %3.
- Added ignored IP addresses manager.
- Added /wolfile and /wakeall command-line switches related to Wake-On-LAN. See the manual for details.
- Added new MAC address discovery method. It works by querying the default gateway provided it is SNMP capable and enables you to determine MAC address of devices behind the router.
- Added a configurable delay between sending two WOL packets to avoid power consumption peaks.
- Duplicated logon sessions are no longer shown as logged-on users.
- Added an option to expand shared folders automatically.
- Streamlined and improved WMI query mechanism (better performance and new Win32 classes).
- Automatic naming of new WMI items in WMI manager.
- Fixed showing security info for shared folders broken several builds ago.
- Columns with last scan time, remote time/date and uptime are sorted properly (as time rather than as text).
- In HTML reports UNC links to shared folders now work in Firefox.
- Added 'Paste IP' button on the toolbar.
- Added sorting capability to WMI, remote services, files and registry managers.
- Added host name lookup options (FQDN / RDN) plus a better name resolution mechanism.
- Column visibility is now saved between sessions.
- Wake-on-LAN target IP address and port made configurable.
- WMI, remote registry, file and service columns now have proper titles rather than generic names.
- Fixed doubling WMI, remote registry, file and service records when loading an external configuration file.
- Removed item name shown in remote registry, file and service columns to reduce clutter.
- Added assigning friendly names to MAC addresses in the WOL manager.
- Added parsing colon-separated MAC addresses in addition to dash-separated.
- Added hibernate and suspend commands in addition to power off.
- Dead hosts and those gone off-line are drawn in gray for better readability.
- Added option to leave host information shown when it goes off-line.
- MAC address is now discovered and shown prior to other slower lookups.
- Faster termination of live display threads on rescan and shutting the application down.
- Filtered resultsets can now be saved excluding items not shown.
- Windows 95, 98, ME and NT are no longer officially supported.
- Made possible copying single and multiple rows to the clipboard.
- Added auto-complete feature to friendly names.
- Multiple queries to remote registry, files and services are displayed in individual columns.
- Multiple simultaneous WMI queries support added (up to 10 at a time).
- Added quick visible column setup accessible via View - Visible Columns.
- Added advanced filtering panel allowing to show/hide computers on the main display.
- Bookmarks can now be copied/pasted.
- Added 'Wake Selected' command in the WOL manager.
- Applications can be sorted in the editor.
- When host goes off-line its friendly name remains shown (was cleared before).
- Fixed an access violation error after searching the list.
- Multi-column sort implemented (hold Ctrl and click the columns).
- Faster rescan of individual computers in the list.
- Added MRU list for recently saved/loaded results.
- Added user account enumeration.
- Added remote service query support.
- Added server type/role lookup.
- Several minor bug-fixes and enhancements.
- Showing friendly names in the Wake-on-LAN manager if mapping MAC-to-friendly name is turned on.
- Option to load initial configuration.
- Several usability enhancements (hotkey to start scan, sort/copy/paste in friendly names, etc).
- User-prompt parameters in third-party applications.
- All actions can now be launched against multiple computers at once.
- Added Wake-On-LAN address manager for mass wakening.
- Added an option to clear or append to the current display when loading a file.
- Added import of IP address list from a file.
- Improved external application management.
- Added remote disk drive enumeration.
- Added uptime retrieval, plus minor optimisations.
- Bookmarks can be sorted.
- Fixed problem with message 'invalid integer value' when loading some resultsets.
- Enhanced thread scheduler should work better with many threads (over 50).
- Quick mapping to friendly names (usability enhancement).
- Extra check for netscan shown off-screen on multi-monitor configurations.
- Rescanning of previously undiscovered nodes either when loading a XML file or on command.
- Added '/config' command-line switch allowing to load a specific XML configuration file on startup.
- Added 'Open as Secure Web (HTTPS)' command.
- Added remote time-of-the-day discovery.
- New live display discovery modes. Either scanning for previously undiscovered nodes only, or rescanning those already discovered, or both (old behaviour).
- Enhanced search dialog (bidirectional now).
- Added IPv6 address discovery (Windows Vista and above).
- Minor code optimisations and GUI enhancements.
- Fixed broken remote registry scan (local registry was scanned due to a bug).
- Added several extra predefined registry keys related to Windows information.
- Maximum possible number of threads raised up to 1000.
- Implemented Drag-n-Drop to rearrange MIB OIDs in the SNMP OID manager.
- Added Mark All/None button in registry and remote file scan. Default items are initially unmarked.
- Added remote registry scan. The application can connect to the remote registry of remote PCs running Windows and retrieve useful information.
- Added remote file scan. Likewise, provided the administrative shares are enabled and accessible, you can pull out information about a specific file on remote computers.
- Fixed showing host properties as they failed with an AV error.
- Fixed showing shared folder properties as they did not work.
- New feature: NIC vendor lookup based on the first three octets of a MAC address.
- Added Windows 2008 R2 / Windows Seven detection in remote OS lookup.
- Enhanced ability to copy value from any visible column to the clipboard (previously only 4 predefined columns were available).
- A set of operations such as Wake-on-LAN, network messaging, remote shutdown and remote poweroff can now be performed against a set of computers rather than on a one-by-one basis.
- Fixed saving to CSV if data contained quotes or commas.
- Removed the redundant word 'Open' shown in the list of open ports.
- Fixed overlapped toolbars when large fonts are enabled.
- If an error occurs while sending a network message, the application prints error code and description.
- Check whether a host is up and running before accessing it is made configurable.
- Enhanced shared folder security scan.
- Shows readers and writers of shared folders along with with the Everyone user permissions assigned.
- Added WMI query manager and WMI scan support with ability to execute WQL queries against hosts being scanned.
- Added saving favourite IP ranges as bookmarks.
- Added preliminary shared folder security scan (reading permissions for the user "Everyone").
- Added a feature to send network messages to a remote host.
- The scanner now logs in with user-specified credentials used in a scan when exploring a shared folder.
- User interface enhancements: Improved the status display, showing a number of visible/total computesr, and a number of threads separately.
- Columns made draggable allowing the user to arrange them in a convenient way.
- Ping ICMP requests are now sent with a 32-byte payload. Previously they were sent without any payload, which some routers handled incorrectly.
- Added 'Last Scan' column with a scan timestamp useful for long running or continuous scans.
- Fixed an issue in which computers being scanned have been wrongly hidden if a filter was applied.
- Fixed a tiny problem with icon showing scan progress.
- Added enhanced paste IP address feature.
- Tab now allows to switch between two IP address input fields.
- Added a 'Rescan all computers' command that lets you re-scan all the computers shown in the list (filtered or not).
- Added a quick check whether a host is on-line before attempting to explore shared folders. This is to prevent the network scanner from being unresponsive while attempting to explore a shared folder on an off-line host.
- Enhanced the on-line auto update feature.
- Added a menu item to copy the complete path to a shared folder to the clipboard.
- Added automatic online version checking with user notification if a newer release is available.
- Added user warning if netscan is to connect to the Internet.
- Internal changes related to stability and drawing issues.
- Added MIB OID manager with several predefined well-known OIDs.
- Going more portable: reading/writing settings from/to a XML file (instead of the registry) if the application is launched from a removable USB or floppy disk.
- Added shared folder status output to CSV export.
- Added port range scanning support.
- Faster closure and termination.
- Added %2 command-line parameter in third-party applications launcher to pass the MAC address to user applications.
- Added switchable profiles (ability to save/load a configuration separately).
- Fixed broadcast IP address scanning ending with zero like x.x.x.0.
- Added new feature to remotely discover LAN group name (i.e. domain name or workgroup name) and OS type.
- Now settings can be optionally stored in a XML file to overcome the INI file limits.
- Added friendly host name/comment feature.
- Multiple OIDs in SNMP scan are now possible (comma separated).
- Minor bug fix. Dead hosts doubled when loaded from a file.
- Added shared folder writability status in CSV output.
- Added a MAC address discovery option: ARP-NetBios or NetBios-ARP.